What does your desktop look like?

Ok, just for fun let's see what people have as their desktop wallpaper! I'm betting that cars are probably quite popular, or perhaps things with a cigar theme? Personally I love landscapes and seascapes. Hmmmm, for all the time I spent choosing my wallpaper, it occurs to me that I rarely see it lol. After all, I don't come to the PC to look at the desktop! tongue.png

At the moment I'm using this one...

2560x1440.png

• Like 3

That's what I thought.... (and, you wouldn't want to know...no.gif )

...and I just cleaned it to do taxes (and then filed an extension). -LOL

Just keeping track of all the garbage is a full time job!!!! Man, if I had a nickel for every old router and network switch I have in my office, I would be rich!!! I have enough 5, 9 and 12VDC power adapters to rival Hoover Dam in power output.

The friggin' paper is killing me! I finally said enough is enough and popped for a Fuji ScanSnap. Now I am overwhelmed with getting organized!! I was just contemplating seeing how large a ring gauge cigar will fit though the document feeder on the scanner! Bad idea? Maybe!

Now back to scanning all my medical BS... I won't throw it a way mind you... I just want to have it (lost somewhere) in digital space. Just so I know it is there (somewhere).

-Piggy

For the speed freaks. Seen this plane up close a couple times. Crazy to think the skunkworks at lockheed built this with slide rules, and built an engine that had a top speed that would fly the plane apart.

Lockheed_SR-71_Blackbird.jpg

Here is one for you mate. Many people don't know that the Blackbird has a once secret step brother. The Oxcart!

post-79-0-64919500-1461426237_thumb.jpg

Cheers!

• Like 1

...and I just cleaned it to do taxes (and then filed an extension). -LOL

Just keeping track of all the garbage is a full time job!!!! Man, if I had a nickel for every old router and network switch I have in my office, I would be rich!!! I have enough 5, 9 and 12VDC power adapters to rival Hoover Dam in power output.

The friggin' paper is killing me! I finally said enough is enough and popped for a Fuji ScanSnap. Now I am overwhelmed with getting organized!! I was just contemplating seeing how large a ring gauge cigar will fit though the document feeder on the scanner! Bad idea? Maybe!

Now back to scanning all my medical BS... I won't throw it a way mind you... I just want to have it (lost somewhere) in digital space. Just so I know it is there (somewhere).

-Piggy

Please, can we just drop the subject, Piggy....please! lifepreserver.gif

The (read: my) fundamental challenge (read: disability) in finding the optimum of the function describing the ratio between time to track down stuff / time to get it all decently organized with level of entropy... lmao.gif .

(may I add that your desktops are looking very neatly organzied...)

• Like 1

Please, can we just drop the subject, Piggy....please! lifepreserver.gif

The (read: my) fundamental challenge (read: disability) in finding the optimum of the function describing the ratio between time to track down stuff / time to get it all decently organized with level of entropy... lmao.gif .

(may I add that your desktops are looking very neatly organzied...)

... don't buy a new scanner, bro!

So I get this snazzy new scanner, and now I am all hung up about structuring the database and figuring out where the scanned PDF files go! So now if I share the database on Dropbox, where I have the scans, I get to save the scans 3 times...! One original scan in DB, one copy in the DBF, then the mirror on DB, which brings them back to my DB folder again!!!

Thank God for the Terabyte!

By the way, do you guys use a computer or just post pics on it...? I mean even your digital desktops are clean....! The HORROR!!! I can't manage to throw **** out even if it is just a digital copy of something. I just keep buying bigger HDD's!

-Piggy

• 3 weeks later...