What is your Non-Alcoholic drink of choice with Cigar

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Home Made Ginger Ale, Coffee, Seltzer Water Truth be told, I don't drink alcohol at all, I'm allergic to it.  Whenever I drink, I break out in handcuffs.

I woke up with Ale8 on the mind but I didn't understand why. Since our post I thunk and thunk...AH! We were in Santa Barbara recently and THIS! My son and I both picked out a GingerAle.  Loved th

So, tell me about Vietamese coffee. I like coffee in small quantities but am not familiar with this. Thanks, Mike

7 hours ago, Hurltim said:

If I have never had the cigar before, I go with water. Otherwise I love a cup of coffee in the mornings with a PC. 

I drink a lot of water myself although I am known to sip coffee all afternoon

Often I'll get a zephyr Hills sparkling water. Orange is my favorite, but lemon is good too. Refreshing, clears the palate nicely. My wife's coffee is good too in the morning with a MC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/28/2016 at 9:01 AM, schquigly said:

In Kentucky we have a drink called Ale8. It is similar to ginger ale but with a bit more citrus and caffeine. Perfect for cigars. When I do trades I usually try and throw one in the box. It is always a good choice with a cigar, really brings out more flavors without overpowering the tobacco.

http://ale8one.com/

Check it out.

Cream Soda, root beer & Coke. I'm from Kentucky as well and I have never given Ale 8 a chance. I will try it tonight with a cigar per your suggestion.  

21 hours ago, rickthecabbie said:

Home Made Ginger Ale, Coffee, Seltzer Water Truth be told, I don't drink alcohol at all, I'm allergic to it.  Whenever I drink, I break out in handcuffs.;)

Strange, I have the same allergy!  

Homemade ginger ale sounds very interesting!  Any suggestions on how to get started on attempting to make that?  On another note, I have been drinking the Melon Pomelo LaCroix recently, and I have to say, it compliments Cubans very well.  

Cream Soda, root beer & Coke. I'm from Kentucky as well and I have never given Ale 8 a chance. I will try it tonight with a cigar per your suggestion.  

My drink as I posted earlier is ginger ale. I'll look for ale 8 as well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 4/28/2016 at 9:01 AM, schquigly said:

In Kentucky we have a drink called Ale8. It is similar to ginger ale but with a bit more citrus and caffeine. Perfect for cigars. When I do trades I usually try and throw one in the box. It is always a good choice with a cigar, really brings out more flavors without overpowering the tobacco.

http://ale8one.com/

Check it out.

I woke up with Ale8 on the mind but I didn't understand why. Since our post I thunk and thunk...AH!

We were in Santa Barbara recently and THIS! My son and I both picked out a GingerAle.  Loved that stuff!

fullsizeoutput_809.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_808.jpeg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

I just discovered something new since I have cut out sugar out of my diet.

I made me a Peach Tea and added a little bit of natural Stevia sweeter.

The resulting taste when paired with Cigar was OUT OF THIS WORLD to me at least. This sweetener stays on the palate a little longer than natural sugar and with cigar smoke it slightly alters the taste adding sweet tone. Result I thought was amazing!!! I enjoyed it very much!

On 12/29/2016 at 9:41 PM, spivey6690 said:

Strange, I have the same allergy!  

Homemade ginger ale sounds very interesting!  Any suggestions on how to get started on attempting to make that?  On another note, I have been drinking the Melon Pomelo LaCroix recently, and I have to say, it compliments Cubans very well.  

When I got started I bought a soda stream to make carbonated water. I became quickly irritated with the cost of the co2 bottles so I bought an adapter

on the interwebs and started using standard 5 pound tanks. The next thing to go was the soda stream branded bottles. I found an adapter to let me use
regular plastic soda bottles with the machine, but I had to buy a 3D printer to make it. So now I have that too.
Once the carbonated water was sorted out, I started making the Ginger Beer Syrup at first I used a concentrate flavor I found at a local homebrew store (Picture below)
I mix 1/2 bottle with about 25 oz of simple syrup and use about 2 ounces of my syrup to make a liter of soda at a time.

If I had it all to do over again, I would have just bought a kegerator on craigslist, and used that to make my carbonated water.

If you like a little bit of a spicy kick to your gingerale, a little bit of chili oil will spice your syrup right up.

Ginger.jpeg

• Like 1