What do you do with the bands during/after your cigar?

What happens to your cigar bands?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I tend to think about this as I neurotically save every single cigar band I've ever smoked, minus two that I specifically remember losing. I alway painstakingly try to slide them off, fold them in half with the front facing forward, and store them away in empty cigar boxes.

For cigars I smoked on a special occasion or for rare cigars, I tend to place the unfolded bands on shelve near my humidors.

Am I the only one??

Well one of the reason this came up was because as of late, I've been seeing a LOT of people posting photos or seeing them in person literally smoking THROUGH the cigar band, not even bother removing the band, or even thinking twice about it. confused.gif Its VERY strange to me, especially since some of the people doing this were cigar industry people (ie. Sales Reps, Production, etc.)

I can fully understand not caring about the bands whatsoever, tearing them off, and/or tossing them regardless of what the cigar may be, but smoking through it just seems off.

Anyone else have experience with this? What does everyone else tend to do?

Cheers to all~

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep them and make things for the walls with them. This was the last one I did.

I hoard them

Look at the wonderful work Alexander Gashunin does with his Cigar Bands.....

I used to keep them. I stopped because I had a way to many and never did anything with them. Now I rip/slid them off once I'm into the last third.

• Like 2

So there is this newbie smoking a cigar for the first time.

-Are you enjoying it?

-Sure I am but now in the end it's a bit harsh.

Yes, he was smoking the band.

Yes I have seen this too. The big **** eating just happy to be here grin and wincing every time he has a puff. Reminds me of a time in my youth at a buddies place. There were 5 guys sharing a house and one of them scored a big box of toilet paper. Everyone was complaining about how rough it was. I was taking a leak and looked down and on the back of the toilet was a big roll of drywall tape. I was already done or I would of pissed myself laughing. I never said a word.

• Like 2

Since we are on the bands topic.. I was told the glue on the band is supposed to be light that you can take the band off easily .. However, lately this isn't the case? I know there used to be a myth of this being a method to tell if your Cigar is authentic Cuban or not but I personally think it's non-sense.. Just wondering if everyone has been experiencing this excessive glue issue with their bands ??

Since we are on the bands topic.. I was told the glue on the band is supposed to be light that you can take the band off easily .. However, lately this isn't the case? I know there used to be a myth of this being a method to tell if your Cigar is authentic Cuban or not but I personally think it's non-sense.. Just wondering if everyone has been experiencing this excessive glue issue with their bands

I'd say ask Lant but that would probably be unkind......

• Like 2

Hi all,

I keep special bands of cigars that I don't smoke all the time and I glue them In my Cigar Dossier book with

a note on how I found the smoke and write It down. I've been doing this since the year 2000.

Guy

• Like 3

From 20 years of smoking cigars, I have well into the four figures of bands, all unbroken and still round. I don't know what the heck I'm going to do with them. They're all stored in old cigar boxes.

• Like 1

If I can get them off without damaging them, either by slipping them off intact or by peeling them off from the back, I keep them. Don't know why I do it and don't really have a plan for them, but if I can get one off without ripping it I feel like I'm honoring the cigar somehow by keeping it...

• Like 1

I used to keep them. I stopped because I had a way to many and never did anything with them. Now I rip/slid them off once I'm into the last third.

X2

I've been seeing a LOT of people posting photos or seeing them in person literally smoking THROUGH the cigar band, not even bother removing the band

Revenge of the Facebook Generation.

It would be funny were it not so tragic.........teacher.gif

I save them and use em for NC's and other non CC's for people (friends/relatives) that asked me for a Cuban

but do not treat or appreciate the CC's with the respect they deserve. Tapping them on the side of the ash tray,

licking them before they light up, only smoking half a stick then asking me for another. I know I should

not do that (switch bands) and yes I need better friends and relatives. Both groups can be "**** birds".

Funny thing is this. One friend ask me for a couple of CC's for his eight hour drive back to

his home state so I bought some Macanudos "Courts + Portifinos" from my

local BM cigar store and gave them to him to smoke. I'll be damned a week or two later

when we talked he said they were great and they were some of the best

CC's that he has ever received from me. Never mind that I've given him Party Shorts,

Short Church's, Monty. #5's etc, etc,..... which is a waste in hindsight.

So now he wants the NC's w/CC bands. Now I'm in a pickle

because I have to go to the BM and buy a some more. Lucky they are only $4.00 dollars

a pop but the good thing is I don't have to share my CC's with him or hurt his feelings

telling him he is not fit to smoke CC's. I also have a cousin who is worse.

Story for another time.

I save them and use em for NC's and other non CC's for people (friends/relatives) that asked me for a Cuban

but do not treat or appreciate the CC's with the respect they deserve. Tapping them on the side of the ash tray,

licking them before they light up, only smoking half a stick then asking me for another. I know I should

not do that (switch bands) and yes I need better friends and relatives. Both groups can be "**** birds".

Funny thing is this. One friend ask me for a couple of CC's for his eight hour drive back to

his home state so I bought some Macanudos "Courts + Portifinos" from my

local BM cigar store and gave them to him to smoke. I'll be damned a week or two later

when we talked he said they were great and they were some of the best

CC's that he has ever received from me. Never mind that I've given him Party Shorts,

Short Church's, Monty. #5's etc, etc,..... which is a waste in hindsight.

So now he wants the NC's w/CC bands. Now I'm in a pickle

because I have to go to the BM and buy a some more. Lucky they are only $4.00 dollars

a pop but the good thing is I don't have to share my CC's with him or hurt his feelings

telling him he is not fit to smoke CC's. I also have a cousin who is worse.

Story for another time.

Ow, boy, after this story we want the cousin now!

If they slide off easily I'll keep them most if the time but if they are tough to get off I'll just tear them off and toss them.

1e82cc89868ad4584f9c2beb0931ed32.jpg

Yes I have seen this too. The big **** eating just happy to be here grin and wincing every time he has a puff. Reminds me of a time in my youth at a buddies place. There were 5 guys sharing a house and one of them scored a big box of toilet paper. Everyone was complaining about how rough it was. I was taking a leak and looked down and on the back of the toilet was a big roll of drywall tape. I was already done or I would of pissed myself laughing. I never said a word.

post-9032-0-04852000-1462106654_thumb.jp
  • Like 4