What do you do with the bands during/after your cigar?

What happens to your cigar bands?  

166 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Hi all,

I keep special bands of cigars that I don't smoke all the time and I glue them In my Cigar Dossier book with

a note on how I found the smoke and write It down. I've been doing this since the year 2000.

Guy

This.

I've used a Cigar Dossier for years now, and have nearly all my bands in there from cigars smoked from 2004 or so on (aside from bands lost due to drunken hijinks, LOL).

post-6965-0-15790800-1462844567_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-72080400-1462844594_thumb.jp

post-6965-0-84495700-1462844612_thumb.jp

• Like 1

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I keep them and make things for the walls with them. This was the last one I did.

I hoard them

Look at the wonderful work Alexander Gashunin does with his Cigar Bands.....

That second photo is awesome is there a price tag to it?

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

Not sure.......

OK...so not to hijack the thread, but here's a question?

Does anyone ever save or use the cap after you cut your cigars?

I save them in a little jar and give them to my daughter when she visits. She rolls her own cigarettes and she cuts them up and adds them to her American Spirit organic cigarette pouch tobacco.

I use to keep the one's from smokes I liked, toss the ones from smokes I didn't. I also thought about keeping them as souvenirs but actually just discard them with the ashes and butts in my ashtray. Although, I do admire the well done ones-they're like art-pretty to look at and admire, but sadly one more thing of no value adding to the clutter. I wish I was more sentimental. I do collect cigar boxes though, but fewer and fewer make the cut nowadays.

OK...so not to hijack the thread, but here's a question?

Does anyone ever save or use the cap after you cut your cigars?

I save them in a little jar and give them to my daughter when she visits. She rolls her own cigarettes and she cuts them up and adds them to her American Spirit organic cigarette pouch tobacco.

Interesting idea. I have a friend that will take the cuttings and roll with cig tobacco. He likes it.

• 2 weeks later...
On ‎2016‎-‎05‎-‎13 at 7:04 PM, luv2fly said:

I thought about this years ago but decided against it. At the time I had to keep up with my flight log book and that was hard enough.

Yeah, I've got to do one of those now too.  Mind you, different from yours, LOL.  But I definitely get ya, in that all this tracking and compiling in books can add up to lots of potentially-good-smoking-time gone.

• Like 1

1st year I smoked I kept them all, then a friends wife took all my bands and put them on a small humi I use as a piggy bank, so I no longer keep them now.