The Beer Wishlist thread

SofaKing

Based on the amount of posts, rarities, and ooos and ahhs I see in The FOH beer thread I thought a wishlist thread might be of interest.

We are spread all over the USA with access that others may never have in other regions.

In order to keep it simple and moderator compliant maybe post a few (not a laundry list) unicorns you have been wishing for. Anyone willing to ship, sell, trade, etc Pm that person and work something out.

• Like 2

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

okay, being a "young person", you can presumably do polls on this thing. may i request you put up a new thread with a poll. you may wish to amend the wording a smidge. basically, do you prefer to

Based on the amount of posts, rarities, and ooos and ahhs I see in The FOH beer thread I thought a wishlist thread might be of interest. We are spread all over the USA with access that others may ne

I'm a sucker for the HTF/ impossible to get stuff. Hell, about a month ago I made it my mission to find Pliny the Elder. After about the tenth liquor store I went into that didn't have it in the coole

I'm a sucker for the HTF/ impossible to get stuff. Hell, about a month ago I made it my mission to find Pliny the Elder. After about the tenth liquor store I went into that didn't have it in the cooler I asked the guy if he had any. He said they never put it on display and keep it in the back and that he could only sell me one bottle. The beer was good but not hide it in the back out of sight good, especially for $7.99 per bottle. Anyway, one can dream....................peace.gif

• Like 2

I'm a sucker for the HTF/ impossible to get stuff. Hell, about a month ago I made it my mission to find Pliny the Elder. After about the tenth liquor store I went into that didn't have it in the cooler I asked the guy if he had any. He said they never put it on display and keep it in the back and that he could only sell me one bottle. The beer was good but not hide it in the back out of sight good, especially for $7.99 per bottle. Anyway, one can dream....................:peace:

Pliny and Toppling Goliath are on my list and I too am a sucker for rare stuff.

Same for here for the hard to find stuff. A CT beer called Gahndi Bot is one of those...nothing worse than feeling like a **** asking the Indian guy behind the counter for GBot!

As to your 1st post.....the luck of living close enough to make a small trip bi weekly :-)

post-5099-0-82454400-1462418947_thumb.jp

• Like 1

Ok, you tease, you got me drooling now.............what do I gotta do to make my fridge look like that?????????????????????????

Brewery only. Get to Monson Mass, stand in line an hour or so before they open, get your 5 to 6 can limit of the day (Wed only, Thur Fri are usually 2 to 3 cans) of the 2 offerings (one more can release thur and Fri), go home, wait till next day, ponder going back up to brewery, drink, hope next Wed comes quickly, repeat previous steps....I kid you not.

Damn! I have heard that when Russian River Brewing releases their Pliny the Younger beer (once per year) there is a line a mile long and when its gone, its gone til the next year. At least there are plenty of good readily available IPA's.

Hey bro, you can get it from several sources online. Beer Cartel, Slow Beer and ACL all have it if I recall correctly.

Yea I've looked those guys up in the past and they never have stock. :)

I'll keep trying though ok.gif Thanks

Damn! I have heard that when Russian River Brewing releases their Pliny the Younger beer (once per year) there is a line a mile long and when its gone, its gone til the next year. At least there are plenty of good readily available IPA's.

It wraps around the block the brewery is on. Not long at all. They have to regulate the line for fire marshall reasons and you end up waiting 3hr or so. They ration the Younger to last for two weeks and a few other places sometimes have a keg on tap during that week.

I lived a couple blocks away from RR for the past 4 years. Best was when I moved up here in 2012. Just walked down on a Tuesday night for a couple glasses of the younger. No line then. Their best is Damnation 23. Every 23rd batch they age it in oak barrels. Yum! Only had it once.

Cripes, I didn't even know we had a dedicated beer thread! I just got back from my bottle shop just now. I'm lucky in that I live 5 minutes walk from Acland Cellars in St Kilda, Melbourne, Australia. 300 different beers at any given time in store. As for wishlist, I loved a stout from Happy Feet called Blaecorn Unidragon - from the US I think. Haven't seen it for a few years now. We have our beer festival coming up in a few weeks in Melbourne with a lot of events on around town and surrounding suburbs. A good mate is flying in from working in KL and I think we will be trying a fare few beers in the coming weeks. I am also on a useful beer app called Untappd. It's like a helpful beer resource and social media platform in one. It lets you collate and rate the beers you've drunk and see what your mates are drinking too. Anyway, CHEERS!

Pliny and Toppling Goliath are on my list and I too am a sucker for rare stuff.

Same for here for the hard to find stuff. A CT beer called Gahndi Bot is one of those...nothing worse than feeling like a **** asking the Indian guy behind the counter for GBot!

As to your 1st post.....the luck of living close enough to make a small trip bi weekly :-)

sorry, do not care who or what (and a beer made the lord god bruce himself would fare no better), if it is in a tin, they do not care about their beer. why the hell would you put serious beer in a can?

all you can taste is that awful metal tinny taste no matter what the beer.

• Like 1

sorry, do not care who or what (and a beer made the lord god bruce himself would fare no better), if it is in a tin, they do not care about their beer. why the hell would you put serious beer in a can?

all you can taste is that awful metal tinny taste no matter what the beer.

Because of the light Ken. Beer stored in total darkness is the best beer! And you can then pour it into a frozen, fancy glass!

jeremy, i think you might be flogging a dead horse.

Had to hunt through my 'gram for this...

c45270fe72a4dd6800e4db5d7167f61f.jpg

Just for you Ken!

FYI- 'gram is young people speak for Instagram. Instagram is a form of social media whereby people can share photos

• Like 1

c45270fe72a4dd6800e4db5d7167f61f.jpg

Just for you Ken!

FYI- 'gram is young people speak for Instagram. Instagram is a form of social media whereby people can share photos

or simply phar lap - dead horse.

which people with a "gram" of commonsense would have swallowed?

or possibly not.

Because of the light Ken. Beer stored in total darkness is the best beer! And you can then pour it into a frozen, fancy glass!

we are in complete agreement in keeping beer (and wine/fizz etc etc) out of the light. no question.

so put the bottles in the dark.

tins give off a horrible metal tinny taste. seriously, you don't get that? i've drunk thousands of beers - bottles/cans/darwin stubbies/kegs - you name it. every single beer from a can has that telltale foul tinny note.

okay, being a "young person", you can presumably do polls on this thing.

may i request you put up a new thread with a poll. you may wish to amend the wording a smidge.

basically, do you prefer to drink beer from

1. a bottle (because i have respect for myself and my beverage and prefer not drinking things that taste like they were filtered through a rusty old sewer)

2. a tin/can (because all i care about is getting the alcohol into my body and flavour and taste are so irrelevant to me, i couldn't spell either of them).

3. don't care (because i am even lazier than those who voted for 2).

4. am a young person (who should not be allowed a vote unless i am voting for bottle, in which case, i am the last remaining hope for civilisation).

• Like 3

okay, being a "young person", you can presumably do polls on this thing.

may i request you put up a new thread with a poll. you may wish to amend the wording a smidge.

basically, do you prefer to drink beer from

1. a bottle (because i have respect for myself and my beverage and prefer not drinking things that taste like they were filtered through a rusty old sewer)

2. a tin/can (because all i care about is getting the alcohol into my body and flavour and taste are so irrelevant to me, i couldn't spell either of them).

3. don't care (because i am even lazier than those who voted for 2).

4. am a young person (who should not be allowed a vote unless i am voting for bottle, in which case, i am the last remaining hope for civilisation).

I only know how to do things I am interested in Ken. So I can't do polls unfortunately.

For the record, even beer from the bottle is a little uncouth for me