What a season it's been so far! How is your team going?

I found it very interesting to see that after six rounds, North Melbourne and the Western Bulldogs were one and two on the ladder and playing a 'premier' match on a Friday Night! The Kangaroos are six wins from six, their best start to a season since 1979.

Two other teams, the Adelaide Crows and the Sydney Swans played a recent match at the Adelaide Oval where there was a 'kick in it' until the final 20 seconds of the game. As a Swans supporter, it was a great effort and a great match, no disgrace in losing by 10 points in one of the matches of the season so far. Ironically, the experts did not figure both teams in their final eight before the season began....but then again, what do the experts know? After all, many of the same experts predicted the Fremantle Dockers would win the premiership in 2016 and they are none (as in wins) from six!

Some other highlights for this season...

• Brent Harvey (North Melbourne Kangaroos) is 12 games away from breaking Michael Tuck's record for the most AFL/VFL games of 426.
  • Lance 'Buddy' Franklin (Sydney Swans) recently passed Wayne Carey's all-time goal count of 727. Only 30 players have scored over 600 in their careers and only 5 over 1000. Matthew Lloyd for Essendon was the last player going for the 1000 mark when a knee injury curtailed his career. Can Buddy Franklin keep his 3.6 goal average per match going?
  • Has the recent rule change/s to keep the ball in play, together with the interchanges been lessened per game, made the game quicker/harder on the players? Is it right to penalise teams for putting the ball out of play as a defensive tactic?

West coast pumped by Geelong... oh well ...up to the city next weekend to stay for the Iron Maiden concert then off to watch West coast and St Kilda on Sunday .Sure we can pull one back . Had a mate over for the Carlton Collingwood game today ....he was very happy .

Really hoping GWS can leave Freo 0 and 7

Go the Dees!

WestG this is currently parked at Sydney airport. Pretty awesome

.post-12791-0-34019700-1462619613_thumb.j

• Like 2

West coast pumped by Geelong... oh well ...up to the city next weekend to stay for the Iron Maiden concert then off to watch West coast and St Kilda on Sunday .Sure we can pull one back . Had a mate over for the Carlton Collingwood game today ....he was very happy .

Really hoping GWS can leave Freo 0 and 7

Maybe. We can squeeze a herf in ,maybe will be back from Singapore by then

Freo 0 and 7 just loving it ...Ross Lyon had plenty to smile about over the last 3 or 4 seasons, but never did. Now he laughs and jokes at post match interviews. Such a great man.smile.png

Freo nil from 7, who can believe it? And when was the last time the Blues did 3 in a row? Good stuff!

I'm currently enjoying a cracker between the Kangaroos and Saints. Can North Melbourne win the first 7 games of the season?

Freo nil from 7, who can believe it? And when was the last time the Blues did 3 in a row? Good stuff!

I'm currently enjoying a cracker between the Kangaroos and Saints. Can North Melbourne win the first 7 games of the season?

Well they managed to hold on.... good finish

It's looking to be an interesting season with, at this stage, quite a few sides in the running to win the premiership. It seems as though the rule changes and a change in mindset from coaches has made the game quicker and more attacking. Unfortunately, being a Tigers fan, my Richmond seems to be a little lost as to what to do, coming from a possession kicking game and trying to adapt to quicker ball movement. Injuries to key players also hasn't helped. I won a social media competition for Carlton Draught for the worst excuse why I wouldn't go to the footy - Sorry I can't make the footy tonight. I have to attend my anger management class after finally throwing the TV out of the window last Saturday night. I won 3 top seats to the game and went with a couple of mates. Don't think I'll be going back again soon to any Richmond matches even though I have a membership but being a footy fan I am enjoying the footy at the moment and the fact that Ross Lyon with his negative defensive minded game plan has resulted in Freo languishing.

Is that a 747 he is flying ?

Yup. Used to have a 757. Without using google I don't know the history of it. It's currently in Melbourne. Great livery.

Cats coming along nicely after a training run last year.

Just under one-third of the season gone and the Cats are coming along nicely with a percentage of 171.5 followed by Sydney on 155.4, Western Bulldogs on 145.8, GWS on 138.7 and North Melbourne on 123.

I think Greater Western Sydney have been the quiet achievers of the competition so far, their heavy defeat of Hawthorn made us all notice them, didn't it? I wonder if they can keep it up.

Yup. Used to have a 757. Without using google I don't know the history of it. It's currently in Melbourne. Great livery.

you big aero Dux!

It's looking to be an interesting season with, at this stage, quite a few sides in the running to win the premiership. It seems as though the rule changes and a change in mindset from coaches has made the game quicker and more attacking. Unfortunately, being a Tigers fan, my Richmond seems to be a little lost as to what to do, coming from a possession kicking game and trying to adapt to quicker ball movement. Injuries to key players also hasn't helped. I won a social media competition for Carlton Draught for the worst excuse why I wouldn't go to the footy - Sorry I can't make the footy tonight. I have to attend my anger management class after finally throwing the TV out of the window last Saturday night. I won 3 top seats to the game and went with a couple of mates. Don't think I'll be going back again soon to any Richmond matches even though I have a membership but being a footy fan I am enjoying the footy at the moment and the fact that Ross Lyon with his negative defensive minded game plan has resulted in Freo languishing.

Don't worry Bill you're not alone with your frustrations regards your team not adapting.

I gave up on Collingwood after the loss to the Saints. I think the pies are now 4 wins and 18 losses or something, since the same time last year. I've had enough. Each year since Buckley has had them we've slid down the ladder.

I'll watch them again when either the coaching panel changes, or the players start getting the message. If there is a message of course! Who would know listening to Buckley talk about his structures, processes and outside and inside etc. He's like a politician, talking loud but saying nothin'.

I'm 47 and I can't understand him. I can only imagine the difficulty an 18yo would have!

• Like 1

Ok just heard on the news Carlton have a lot of 'self belief' and may even be looking at making the Finals series.. Being a Blues supporter, brought a chuckle when I heard this.

Then I suddenly thought of Leicester City FC... HMMM, Everything is possible

Ok just heard on the news Carlton have a lot of 'self belief' and may even be looking at making the Finals series.. Being a Blues supporter, brought a chuckle when I heard this.

Then I suddenly thought of Leicester City FC... HMMM, Everything is possible

'self belief'...it's much better than 'self-doubt'! spotlight.giflmao.gif

• Like 1

'self belief'...it's much better than 'self-doubt'! spotlight.giflmao.gif

That little jockey will bring them together ....he thrives on it ...just what a little ...

• Like 1

Don't worry Bill you're not alone with your frustrations regards your team not adapting.

I gave up on Collingwood after the loss to the Saints. I think the pies are now 4 wins and 18 losses or something, since the same time last year. I've had enough. Each year since Buckley has had them we've slid down the ladder.

I'll watch them again when either the coaching panel changes, or the players start getting the message. If there is a message of course! Who would know listening to Buckley talk about his structures, processes and outside and inside etc. He's like a politician, talking loud but saying nothin'.

I'm 47 and I can't understand him. I can only imagine the difficulty an 18yo would have!

I think the Pies will be OK and be a force in a couple of years. They have stuck the course of sticking with youth through a period where GWS and GC were getting all the picks and Sydney getting priority on stars from their region/academy. Trelour was a great pick up. I think Buckley was thrown a difficult task, trying to manage an overpaid list full of prima donnas. He cleaned up the drug culture by getting rid of key offenders which split the club a little but was necessary. I think the Pies are best to open up their salary cap by getting rid of Cloke and Swan and then raiding the stocks of GC and GWS and any other young talent. That seems to be their plan. Only problem will be that GWS, GC, Dogs and Demons will be peaking at around the same time. But injuries always play a big role, as they have this year. Onfield success is a year by year, week by week proposition but it's obvious from the Hawthorn model that building a club is far more important. Richmond are trying to do that and going pretty well in that regard. Unfortunately they got ahead of themselves and panicked when Trelour went to the Pies and spent the money on Yarran. The jury is still out there but you've got to question a 3 year investment where 1 year is a total loss. Hang tough, the tide will turn.

Richmond supporters are the best ..you just have to like them ,,,I am married to one for the love of Christ ...what a reaction after the game, such a thrill to a dramatic ending ...Looking forward to the Dream time match as I will be taking my wife over for that ...

I sit amongst 40 000 eagles members at home games , boring as bat **** . Boring boring boring !

To all you Tigers supporters ...you're all heart ,hope you can string a few more wins together .

Go the Tigers

• Like 1