MLB Season 2016

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't be happier to be a Chicago guy! So proud to see our team earn this! 

What a ridiculous night.  Got my first dose of heartbreak as a Cubs fan in 1984 when I was 6.  Then there was the loss to the Giants in 89, the sweep to ATL in 98, of course the Bartman collapse in 03

Celebrating bigly tonight!

Wow! Just checked NOAA and the radar looks bad.....some pretty heavy rain on the way. It might pass a little to the north????

Great game...the winner is going to earn it that's for sure....

1 hour ago, billh1 said:

Curse of the goat still lives...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not looking like it with Cubs up 8-6. I am roasting a goat in the front yard. Stuffed him with a couple Cohiba's to add to the flavor! 

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, billh1 said:

Let's go Cubs!

Bill, your milestone 1000th post was 'Let's go Cubs!'. Are you intending your 1001st post to be, 'Cubs win after 108 years?'

3 More Outs folks!

• Like 1

Here comes Edwards with a chance to kill the goat...

Mike Montegory just read the last rites! WHAT A GAME!!!!!

It's over...no more billy goats, black cats or Steve Bartmans...it's over! The Cubs win on their own merit. Credit must go to the Indians for an outstanding World Series 2016!

• Like 2

The boys of summer put on a great show...Congrats to both teams. Enjoyed every minute of it....

....and now an HU Mag 46 with about 3 fingers of a nice Aberlour A'bunadh....Cubs are world champs. We live in crazy times.

• Like 2

The best part is we have a tremendous chance to be back again next year! After over a 100 years without winning, I don't think back to back World Series wins are an unreasonable request! 

Snapseed.jpg

• Like 2

Congratulations, Cubs and fans!

Second, the Giants were 6 outs away from winning the World Series in 2002 for the first time since they moved to San Francisco. They lost. It was devastating. When they won in 2010, it was so, so sweet. The Indians were great, and they had some bad luck with injuries to their starters. They damn near pulled it off, and are in a good position to contend for the next several years. I know it doesn't help much now, but keep your chins up. They should be proud of the season they had, and all they accomplished. 

• Like 1

Gosh I wish I was downtown!!!  I brought out some of the best tonight...

THIS YEAR IS NOW HERE!!!

20161102_223319_resized.jpg

• Like 3

58 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

I couldn't be happier to be a Chicago guy! So proud to see our team earn this! 

IMG_9421.PNG

Feelin' it too Brotha!  Party all night out that way for me too!!

Great game by the players.  Joe Madden should thank his lucky stars his players pulled it out despite his horrible decisions in game 7 as their manager. My grandpa is smiling down from Heaven.  Congrats to the Cubs!  Next up the Arizona Cardinals . . . 1947

I don't think the Tribe lost Game 7, rather the Cubs willed themselves to get over the line by an inch. I think that if there's one image to depict this series, for me, it's Aroldis Chapman running to the bag at 1st base to get the out against Francisco Lindor...

110116_chccle_close_play_med_vebm0urz.gif

It can't get much closer than that, can it? Also, don't write off Cleveland. Did Atlanta go from strength-to-strength after their disappointing Game 7 loss in 1991? Yes, and furthermore, Cleveland had their two of their best pitchers out, yet came so close to winning.

By the way, Game 7 pulled in 25% of all US viewers last night, or something like 40 million people. Most World Series games rate between 10 and 15% at most. Game 7 of the 2011 Texas-St Louis game pulling in 25 million is the second highest rating MLB game since Games 6 and 7 of the 1991 Minnesota-Atlanta World Series.

• Like 1