MLB Season 2016

On 11/3/2016 at 0:12 PM, brutusthebuckeye said:

That was a typical Cleveland loss..come back only to fuckin lose..the rain delay bullshit..Yea I'm a little bitter today. 

Oh and While I'm ranting..I hope Joe Buck loses his voice and can never do another WS game...I wld punch that fucker if I seen him on the streets today. 

Can't stand Joe *uck either. Indians are a 1st class organization.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I couldn't be happier to be a Chicago guy! So proud to see our team earn this! 

What a ridiculous night.  Got my first dose of heartbreak as a Cubs fan in 1984 when I was 6.  Then there was the loss to the Giants in 89, the sweep to ATL in 98, of course the Bartman collapse in 03

Celebrating bigly tonight!

A Game 7 summary is coming, I tentatively watched a 40-minute highlight package last week but I need to watch the whole game again. Yes, it is, no doubt, one of the best Game 7s in Postseason history but my current view is that it is just behind the 1924 Washington Senators-New York Giants game and 1991 Minnesota Twins-Atlanta Braves game. Incidentally, both those games were extra-innings also.

19 hours ago, JohnS said:

A Game 7 summary is coming, I tentatively watched a 40-minute highlight package last week but I need to watch the whole game again. Yes, it is, no doubt, one of the best Game 7s in Postseason history but my current view is that it is just behind the 1924 Washington Senators-New York Giants game and 1991 Minnesota Twins-Atlanta Braves game. Incidentally, both those games were extra-innings also.

IMHO, It was as exciting as baseball has ever been. 

• Like 1

2016 World Series - Game 7 Summary

• Chicago win 8-7 away. And in so doing, the Chicago Cubs end a 108-year drought since their last World Series win in 1908.
  • Dexter Fowler hit a lead-off home run, the first time this has occurred in a World Series Game 7.
  • Javier Baez's home run in 5th inning took Cleveland pitcher, Corey Kluber out of the game. Andrew Miller came on in relief, but this time was unable to stem the momentum of the game, giving up another run to allow Chicago to lead 5-1 in the middle of the 5th inning.
  • Jon Lester came on in relief and an error by catcher David Ross allowed two runs to score to make it 5-3.
  • In credibly, David Ross, in his last MLB game, hit a home run off Andrew Miller in the 6th inning to make the score 6-3.
  • Aroldis Chapman, arguably the most difficult relief pitcher to hit in Major League Baseball, on account of his post-100 mph pitches, could not hold a 3-run lead.
  • Rajai Davis, who has hit only 55 home runs in his career, hit a 2-run home run off Aroldis Chapman in the 8th to tie the game. The odds of Davis hitting a home run in this situation were 1.4%. The odds of Chapman giving up a home run were 1.3%.
  • The game was tied at the end of 9 innings. The game went into extra innings, the first game in the 2016 World Series that did so.
  • There was a 17-minute rain delay before the start of the 10th inning.
  • A double by Ben Zobrist and a single by Miguel Montero stretched the lead to 8-6 for Chicago, mid-10th innings.
  • Rajai Davis again batted-in a run to make the score 8-7 but Mike Montgomery was able to close out the game.
  • Ben Zobrist, Chicago's most consistent player was the Series MVP
  • The Cubs were the first team to comeback from 3-1 down to win since the Kansas City Royals in 1985 and the first to do so on the road since the 1979 Pittsburgh Pirates.
  • The composite score was 27 runs each. Game 7 broke television ratings record and I believe 5 million showed up for the victory parade in Chicago afterwards.
  • This was one of the best World Series, in my opinion, and of course one of the greatest game 7's. Bring on Season 2017!
  • Like 2

Boy, that was an amazing World Series. Just a great baseball season, in general.

It's certainly the best Game 7 I've ever seen. So much drama, knowing that one team was going to snap a very long title-less streak. Blown saves, the Ross homerun. Both teams really let it all fly.

• Like 2