It ain't right! Axl & AC/DC

Dio would NEVER even consider being the singer for AC/DC. His sub-genre of metal was completely different and not compatible.

What he would or would not have done is beside the point. His voice would have lent itself well to many ac-dc trax.

Dio would NEVER even consider being the singer for AC/DC. His sub-genre of metal was completely different and not compatible.

True, but one of my very favourite Dio vocal performances is his performance on 'Love is All' for Roger Glover's, 'The Butterfly Ball and The Grasshopper's Feast' 1974 concept album. You wouldn't even know Ronnie did it unless you knew the background to the album.

As for Axl...yeah, AC/DC should have called it a day.

Painful to watch/listen to. I've avoided seeing many acts from the day as I'd rather remember as they were, not how they are now.....

• Like 1

Was a big fan of AC DC and GnR growing up.

Yeah Axl's in his mid 50s now and close to done but to act like he can't walk in Brian Johnson's shadow is laughable.

Both in their prime I don't think Brian's voice can hold a candle to Axl's.

Personally I give all the "old" rockers still kicking around now a lot of credit. Sure they ain't what they used to be but who cares, they're still rockin out and havin fun and if you ask me the people in the crowd look like they're having a pretty good time.

Haters gonna hate.violin.gif

This. Axl is a completely legit front man. He is not Bruce or Dio. He is his own man. Old yes. Who cares.

Nightrain. Listen to it again. I'm not hating on Axl. F that.

• Like 1

This. Axl is a completely legit front man. He is not Bruce or Dio. He is his own man. Old yes. Who cares.

Nightrain. Listen to it again. I'm not hating on Axl. F that.

The Axl I remember with the real GnR is beyond reproach. He had the pipes, he had the vocal range he was born to be a front man. The one I see trying to front a beleaguered AC/DC is a bad joke. A bad joke both Axl and AC/DC are playing on themselves and hard rock fans. Both deserve better than this, though I'd argue Axl has spent way too much time burning bridges. And what the hell happened with the GnR "reunion"? We go from rumours of a GnR tour to Axl jumping ship to AC/DC? I would be fine with an "old" Axl singing GnR material. It was great to see David Lee Roth rejoin Van Halen and he was never a great singer to begin with, but he was a great frontman. I think Axl had that in him to rejoin the band that made him famous over doing this.

It may be going against the grain but I think he's doing a good job from the videos I have seen. Angus Young has decided not to cancel the dates and they could do far worse than Axl Rose. I haven't heard any reports of him being 2+ hours late to the stage either so maybe, just maybe he has started to get his act together. It also looks like he has lost quite a bit of weight since the GnR reunion was announced.

And what the hell happened with the GnR "reunion"?

I just had a look and the GnR reunion is still on. They played Coachella and a few warm up shows in April, then they are back on tour in June, July and August.

• Like 3

Axl didn't sound too bad on most of the aca daca classics, and Angus's lead guitar is still hot.

I really don't mind bands rocking it out into their twilight years.

They're selling out shows so they must be doing something right ..

I think Axl sounds pretty good with AC/DC. I last saw them on the Black Ice tour, and they were still bringing the heat then. If the band is still playing at anything close to that level, these shows with Axl will be fine. It's not the same, and it isn't ideal. But once Axl is back up and mobile again, they'll give you your money's worth.

It may be going against the grain but I think he's doing a good job from the videos I have seen. Angus Young has decided not to cancel the dates and they could do far worse than Axl Rose. I haven't heard any reports of him being 2+ hours late to the stage either so maybe, just maybe he has started to get his act together. It also looks like he has lost quite a bit of weight since the GnR reunion was announced.

I just had a look and the GnR reunion is still on. They played Coachella and a few warm up shows in April, then they are back on tour in June, July and August.

I will be going to the shows in Detroit, Chicago, Cincinnati, and Pittburgh. Making up for lost time as I haven't seen them for almost 24 years.

Fuuuuuuuuuu..........

I'm just reading the responses here and now I cant wait to get to work tomorrow and fire this video up.

Nighttrain, yeah - that is a bad mf song. But Axl fronting for ac/dc makes the first few wheelchair pics I saw pale in comparison to the gigglefest I am expecting tomorrow when I watch this turkey.

Made it a couple of minutes in before I threw up a little in my mouth. C'mon guys enough is enough. A balding Angus in schoolboy shorts, Axel in a freaking wheelchair- Geezer rock at its worst. No mas, por favor.....

Um. Was it wrong of me to wish the bell would let go and land on a man in a wheelchair? Will these wicked thoughts finally send me to hell?

I wouldn't worry about it...The Almighty is the one that would cut the rope...and I think He has reason to do so. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

I wouldn't worry about it...The Almighty is the one that would cut the rope...and I think He has reason to do so. Just sayin'.

Thanks I needed that. It would make a great end to the show you have to admit.

Now I know Angus is on a money grab. I saw a commercial for Applebee's, a family friendly chain restaurant for all our international friends, using AC/DC music. This from the band that used to make parents cringe. Ugh!