Your reviews for Blind Tasting Cigar Number 3?.....Post here.

El Presidente

Some sweet honey notes but otherwise unremarkable.  Some evolution but not what I would call complex. Medium body at most but surge of nicotine kicks in during second third, which was annoying. This guy was a bit laborious for me and went into the woods at about the $7 mark.

Cigar number 3 is a churchill size.

It is box pressed and isn't going to win any beauty contests, as it has a toothy wrapper with some prominent veins and some very slight damage (I doubt this will affect the smoking experience).

There is a grassy pre light smell and a perfect draw. The pre-light taste has slight grassy elements coupled by a touch of fruit.

Initial draws are very mild with cedar wood and a hint of fruit.

First third: There is a pronounced sweetness now coupled with the cedar, like how i’d imagine hickory or cherry wood to taste.

Second third: Still woody with fruity aspects, tastes like an old fashioned cocktail made with smokey whiskey and a mascherino cherry. Towards the end of this third, the cigar remains very well balanced with no real evolution of the flavours. but why would you want any changes when its this good!

Final third: A creaminess has now entered the profile, like a strawberry angel delight dessert. This has become more dominant over the woodiness that is still in the background.

This was an amazing cigar in my favourite format, the best so far. Thanks to Rob and the FOH team.

I forgot to post this on Friday when I smoked this.  

This was the best cigar so far in the tasting for me.  

Notes 

Great draw and construction.

1st 3rd - cream, lots of smoke volume.  Some leather and cedar notes.  Very enjoyable.

2nd 3rd- burn is perfect.  just a touch over medium for me.  Still have cream but it's mixed in with some vanilla.  Still have leather and cedar notes. finishing the 2/3rd with some oak notes. Don't recall getting this before but it seemed like I dipped it in Scotch (I didn't nor was I drinking Scotch:)).

Final 3rd - still have some oakiness to it but some creamy notes as well with a hint of grass every now and then,

I would definitely buy this cigar.  Had a perfect draw and burn.  Only had about an inch left when I finished.

I'm anxious about this one. I hope the slight box press was a result of being squashed in transit and not *actual* box press. And even then it's a long shot...but these must be current production, right?

Lovely smoke but tight draw. Nutty, cedary wood, coffee, very full bodied. Enjoyed with a piña colada! 

Keen to see the reveal!

20160522_153852.jpg

Ok somebody make sure to kick me...hard if I miss this next year!