• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My entire backyard was converted into a chipping, putting abs driving area. Wife thinks mez crazy... What would she know. Ignore my little munchkin in the background lol

Been golfing since I was 5. Just don't get too play as much these days. I am rocking Nike vaper pro combo irons 4-pw, victory red wedges (46, 50, 54, 58 degrees), vapor pro driver, vrs covert 3 wood

Riaz...enjoy your new found passion When I was a banker I played 2-3 times a week with clients. It was the late 80's early 90's and the thing to do (that...and long lunches). I played off 12 and hat

...seriously now, I live on a course but only get out to play it about once or twice a year. I live vicariously through all those folks who cart past me while I am in the yard. Good thing is the beer cart will stop by the fence if I am in need of a cold one.

So funny and yet so true! I used to play twice a week at muni-courses and daily fee clubs through out the southeast and now that I live on a golf course I maybe get out once a month.

I've been playing golf since about 1980. Played golf in college...helped pay for school. Worked in the golf business for twenty years.

So, yeh, I've played a little...

I've been playing Callaway clubs since 1990 when the S2H2 driver came out. I've gone through many sets of irons and lots of drivers, wedges, and putters over the years but I still have Callaway clubs in my bag 26 years later. I feel loyal to them even though I'm no longer in the golf business since they had my back while I was in the business.

I have to say...the thought of playing golf a 5 years ago I would laughted at you...only thing I used to do is go to the range and smack a few balls and a have a few drinks.

Then several years ago my mates old man was organising a small competition and we decided to play for a laugh as it was for charity...

And my mate and I all loved it... still classify my self as a beginner. Had a few lessons... to try find out what's going wrong. As I'm a lefty I had to buy my own gear.

My first set was the Dunlop Tour sets..which werent too bad

Since then I've upgraded my clubs and currently I have a the TaylorMade speed blade as my irons 5-pw, Dunlop sw and 3 wood.. ,King Cobra 440 driver and a TaylorMade SLDR hybrid which is my recent addition.

I try an play as much as possible but normally play twice a month...only broken a hundred a few times...that's my aim each round these days I'm hoping at he end this summer I'll be in the mid 90s.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I used to play golf...then I got married...bought a house...and had two kids. With each one of those steps I played less and less until I stopped playing after having kids.

I played in high school on the team and used love it. Also loved working at a country club during high school and college. To this day, that was my favorite job.

I still sport the same Ping Eye 2 copy irons that I have had since high school, but had upgraded the woods to R5s.

Best round of golf was playing the Royal St. Kitts golf club. Went in the afternoon and had the whole course to myself because their was a big conference going on at the resort at the same time.

I would love to pick it up again when the son gets older. However, greens fees around me seem so expensive now and some of the courses that I had used to play because of their low rates are now closed and have been turned into housing developments.

I used to play a bit and haven't been out in at least 6 years now I think. Bought me a new cheap set as my driver from 15 years ago was about the size of my new 3-5W. On the range, my first shot with my driver was perfectly straight. Rain has been awful and I've been unable to get out in the 2+ weeks since I got my new set. Hoping for tomorrow.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

I play on a weekly league and tonight was the 4th week, 3rd I've made. Was the first round I was happy to be playing, shook the rust off a bit. Although I'm not a good golfer, I typically get the ball in the air consistently. Won a closest to pin tonight so the irons were working well. Let's not talk about today's putting...

Nonetheless, I do better at smoking cigars than I do at playing golf so it's not all bad!

2d6fd416aee5b029d9e07db801b65ce7.jpg

• Like 1

Great idea for a thread.

Man there are some good golfers on here. I am like most and had to take a long break from golf after 3 kids. They are getting a little older now and so I am able to get out a bit more. Before kids I shot in the high 80s - low 90s. Now I am happy with mid-90s. I am planning some lessons soon. I will get down to high 70s-low 80s at some point as a goal :D

Cigars are a necessity on the course! On of the few places I can chain smoke with impunity!

Singapore is not a great place to take up golf unless you are pretty well off or you got into the golf clubs early on so I tend to head off to Indonesia for a round when possible.

I still have my TaylorMade racs, Nike CPR hybrids, R5 driver and Odyssey putter. Each over 15 years old now. Just bought some Cleveland 52,56, 58 wedges which made a huge difference. I am buying some Titlest AP2s or Bridgestone J33s this year. I played a round in Japan with the AP2s as a rental set and they were awesome. Still don't know what new driver, hybrids or putter to get but when in the US later this year I will test a few out.

I tried to get into golf a couple of years ago. Too many other sports/hobbies that I find I get more out of so I only play every few months if I am invited by a mate or whatever.

Love the game. Was down in the low 3's high 2's then had hip surgery and changed jobs so I've only been out 4 times in the last 7 months. Its mind numbingly frustrating where my game has gone in such a short period of time. With no time to practice anymore I don't forsee me getting back there so now I just enjoy the cigars I bring and the few good shots i hit during the round.

Alright people, what's in your bag?

Driver: Ben Hogan CS3 10.5o

Hybrid/Rescue: Ping G10 18o

Woods: Powerbilt Grand Slam #5

Irons: Powerbilt Grand Slam Graphite 5-SW

Wedges: Titleist Vokey Spin Milled 56o, MD Golf Superstrong 60o

Putter: Taylormade Rossa Daytona 1

Bag: Eagles & Birdies

Hey golf buddies, at best I would play 18-20 over but I love the game and try to get out as much as possible.

Some top courses in NSW Australia I've played at are: Oatlands, Cromer, Pymble, Ryde, Macqaurie Links, Stonecutters, Mona Vale, just to name a few.

I carry Callaway X22 irons with the Diablo Edge 9deg driver, Cleveland 56deg lob wedge, Wilson harmonised M1 putter and my preferred golf ball is Titleist Prov V1.

A note to all of you who want to lower your handicap, practice your touch shots.

A lot!

I grew up playing golf, starting at age 10. By age 15 I played scratch golf and was helped mightly by great coaches. I spent as much time hitting chips, flops, sandys etc as I did practicing on the range. I'm not discounting range time, but you score around the green. The difference between a guy who shoots 75-80 vs 85-90 is their short game. And you can't practice that on the course. So the next time you buy a bucket or two go to the chipping and putting area first, then go to the range.

• Like 1

So many things to like about golf. When you get right down to it, golf is the only game where you're playing against constantly changing conditions, pitting your skill against the course, not an opponent, and there are so many variables you can play the same course a thousand times and never hit the same shot twice. You play with people, not against them, unless you choose to get some bets going of course. And as someone said, you can learn just about everything you need to know about a persons character in 5 hours of golf.

I've played for more than 50 years, and like alot of you, I didn't play much when the kids were little but now play 2-3 times a week and am putting up lower scores than ever, so it can be a lifetime pursuit and even though the skills decline you can still play well and enjoy it at any age.

These days for me it's not about how far, it's about how many :-) and in a few more years and few birdies one day I might shoot my age. spotlight.gif

I play a Taylor R9 drivers, Calloway X Hot Pro irons, Cleveland wedges and still use my Dad's putter; a first edition John Reuters Bullseye.

• Like 1

I used to play a TON in the 90's and had a single digit handicap but got away from it.

I just played 3 rounds over the past weekend with a group of 16 after not having touched a club in over a year and I managed to be the top money winner and had the 2nd best record.

I almost nailed a hole in one. I may take golf up again LOL

PS - That's not me in that pic, I'm 20+ years younger than guyIMG_2336_zpsbkt5boc5.jpg

I've still got my Ben Hogan CS3 driver. A couple of years ago, I picked up the TaylorMade RBZ driver (agree that TM really came up with a stupid name with RocketBallZ), but I can't use it for the life of me. Was thinking of picking up a TaylorMade SLDR, as I seem to hit that pretty well when I tried it at the range.

Thats the driver I have as well the Ben Hogan CS3. No sense in changing drivers right now...I did not hear great things about the SLDR...maybe look at an R15.

WITB :

Ben Hogan CS3 10.5 Driver

Cobra 3 and 5 wood

TaylorMade RocketBladez 4-A

TaylorMade Ghost Putter

Need to buy wedges, a new 3 and 5 wood

Ping ISI Beryllium copper irons 3-PW

Taylor Made R7 425 driver 8.5°

Cameron Newport 2 putter

Mizuno SW & LW

Ping ISI 1 iron in place of fairway woods.

Just started playing again as children and home ownership has taken the majority of my free time the past few years.

WITB

Taylormade R11 driver

Taylormade burner 2.0, 3 wood

Titleist 19 degree rescue

Taylormade 22 degree rescue

Mizuno JPX 800 irons (milestone birthday this year so will be looking with interest on the Mizuno releases later this year- looking to move to forged!)

Mizuno wedges

Ping karsten b60 putter

Have been playing the taylormade tour preferred ball which I really like as it seems to stand up well

Long weekend here in Canada, and In the states too if i'm not mistaken...i'm going to do my darndest to get a round in this weekend at some point

I'm in route to Palm Desert for the weekend. Playing PGA West Stadium Course in the morning ??

• Like 2