On the cusp of creating the perfect humidor!

That’s right folks, you heard it right. Apparently we have some NASA scientists on the board, obviously displaced by cuts to the agency just itching to team with me to create the perfect humidor.

Today, early in the AM, I receive this transforming email from a guy, no a scientist, a hidden jewel amongst us plebes regarding a business proposition to create the perfect humidor. The question is should I take it???

It is obvious that I have impressed him with my knowledge, charm, whit (and of course good looks). My fortune has got me teary eyed…

Here is the letter and proposition:

Ray, 

Apologize that you regurgitate third grade physics to your bof (birds of feather). It must get tiring; and plagiarizing always sucks (technical term). 

Introduction- my name is Brian and want to combine my (education) and proven designs to re-position logic to solve your need for a perfect environment.

Perfect environment... Yes, I worked at NASA for many years and want to take some NASA research on microfluidic bubbles from GRiD Compass (and a unknown fact - using MF for heating/cooling in sealed spaces) with MF surfaces with tolerances sub .01° at 303K. Granted that was extreme, as lives were at stake. 

Take our technology and combine with your experience with sensors/actuators/thermodynamics to solve something that keeps you up all night. Reduce costs/complexity, create small form factor, add to existing and future units.

End result. Profit

Prototype, Patent, Optional Next Steps

Review idea, let me know your intention, will send some non-compete, and IP legal forms.

Have a great day!

So I have to bring it to my brothers here first… The confidentiality agreements alone would cause me to have to give up my posting here. There would be no more explaining of humidors and desiccants (yes, I can hear you clapping all the way over here… -LOL) No more pseudo-scientific methods and ideas, no more fun and games, even the use of a pseudonym would have me hunted down by the legal dogs…

There may be a Knighthood in it for me! Bill and Melinda, move over… "I don’t want your jet so close to mine kinda’ stuff!!!" No more Milwaukee power tools for me. It would be Hilti or Festool!!! -LOL

FoH or this? What say you, should I take the deal???

-the Pig

• Like 1

Sounds like when Goodyear bought the rights to the lifetime tire, then promptly destroyed it.

Run like thwind, Piggy!!!! :ph34r:

• Like 1

You might be kicking yourself in the posterior for the rest of your life if you don't do it.  If you don't will you honestly be able to look yourself in the mirror and not regret it?

Wow, this guy really knows how to open a pitch! A couple of "you poor peasant" lines, then a swift pivot to "I'm a NASA god" lines and you're in. I could learn from a guy like that. Plus, you would only need to "reduce costs/complexity, create small form factor" to get it below $1M apiece to produce. You obviously have the easy part. I say go for it; the market for such a contraption would be YUUUUGE!

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, CaptainQuintero said:

You think you hit the jackpot? Last night I got an email informing me that I could have a 45% stake in an $80m fortune by just using my bank account to help provide a safe place to transfer the fortune out of a closing bank!!

... we should compare notes!!! -LOL This was my first thought when I got the 'offer.' I thought it might be my lost brother Beelzebub in Kenya looking to move the money left him by the diamond mine owner for all his charity work with one-eyed children.

If it were not for my 'greed,' I would post his email; I don't want the market to go to another, even if I choose not to take it. As I have a reputation for selfishness, the 'solicitor' obviously knew his email was safe with me!!!

-Piggy

• Like 1

Follow your heart ray as long as it is all legit lol

cheers 

9 hours ago, PigFish said:

... I am basking in the freedom to dream now..!

No more picking up dog **** before mowing the lawn... :jester:

-P

I usually let the lawnmower pick up my dog ****. Though the neighbor isn't big on where it puts it but what's a guy to do?

As for the question at hand, honestly Ray what would we do without you? My stogies wilted just reading this. But abandon your bof (birds of feather) if you must.

1 hour ago, Geaux said:

Third Grade Physics?

Yeah seriously. <_<  I've taken a pledge to stop reading all Pig Fish posts until he steps it down to SECOND grade physics . . . y'know . . . something I can understand.  Note to self: check with son's school and ask why he and all the other third graders haven't been getting a physics class this term.  :rolleyes:

And Captain Quintero: that $80mm offer is real too.  I just signed up and as a bonus today they're paying off credit cards too.  All you need to do is give them your digits and poof! :P  I'd jump on it!

• Like 1

Firstly before you get the green light Ray..... Do we keep all of the knowledge base you have previously divulged to us over the years? Guys quick, save Ray's previous posts! 

Second (And should come first) Opportunities seldom come by where one can use ones knowledge and make something amazing happen so yes, go for it. Provided it all seems legit and your interests are honoured :2thumbs:

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, MIKA27 said:

Firstly before you get the green light Ray..... Do we keep all of the knowledge base you have previously divulged to us over the years? Guys quick, save Ray's previous posts! 

Second (And should come first) Opportunities seldom come by where one can use ones knowledge and make something amazing happen so yes, go for it. Provided it all seems legit and your interests are honoured :2thumbs:

All of Piggy's posts prior to the agreement can be considered public domain, so it wouldn't matter. :D

• Like 1

Y'all realize this is a hoax right?  :rolleyes:  

And besides, creating the Perfect Humidor is easy . . . a Perfect Humidor is a Full Humidor! :P:cigar: 

• Like 4