Revealing Cigar Number three of the 2016 FOH Blind Tasting Competition.

A special shout out to DrunkenMonkey who is tracking three for three :clap:

Is there anything more humbling in the cigar world than a blind tasting competition? :blink:

We had 13 winners which is a good result...albeit there aren't too many Cuban Churchills out there.

Welcome to the Romeo y Julieta Churchill EAG SEP 14 

Well done to those who picked it party.gif 

I have been involved in more blind tastings than birthdays. I would bat 2 in 5 on regular production at a guess and way worse than that on aged cigars..... but it is still a thrill to nail it :spotlight:

Nominations for Cigar Number 4 are due by Friday the 8th of July. I will put up a thread later today for your reviews. Please ensure that you e-mail your results to [email protected]

For those who nailed cigar number three!

A $25 credit for any cigar you pick right to be used on a box (or sampler) purchase over $125 (USD/AUD) from the carts or 24:24 stock. This must be used within 20 days of the winners of that round being announced. It can not be applied to orders you have already made. To make it easy, you have until the end of June.

I look forward to your reviews on Cigar number 4!

Have a cracker weekend!

BT31.png

BT32.png

BT33.png

Wow. This cigar was pretty devoid of any RyJ characteristics for me, and very mild. Had to go with the QD Imperiales. Glad I didn't buy a box of these! 

Two RyJs in a row that had no RyJ in them. Just when I thought RyJ was coming around...:angry:

• Like 2

Nicely done DrunkenMonkey!

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Wow. This cigar was pretty devoid of any RyJ characteristics for me, and very mild. Had to go with the QD Imperiales. Glad I didn't buy a box of these! 

Two RyJs in a row that had no RyJ in them. Just when I thought RyJ was coming around...:angry:

Perhaps the RyJ profile does not mean what you think it means ;)

871253_048.jpg

• Like 3

Glad I had plenty of company in incorrectly picking the BCG.  I didn't really think it was a BCG, but I was positive it wasn't the RyJ.  If this were a prize fight, now would be a good time for my corner to throw in the towel.  

Congrats to those who got it right, and drunkenmonkey, damn!  

• Like 1

13 hours ago, cjflip14 said:

I knew it!  I doubted myself because i didn't think the would go back to back with RyJ...

3 minutes ago, RickHendeson said:

Same here.  I was like, "Naw, he wouldn't do that."   :(

If the next one is a Short Churchill,  I say we riot up in this biyotch 

• Like 1

I think I went with BCG because how poorly it was smoking.  It was tunneling bad, and I wasn't getting much other than leather..... Oh well, onto the next two.  

I'm going to kick back smoke my next one and pick....Gurkha Ghost.  Because if I keep guessing in the majority and getting them wrong I believe I'm going to shank someone.  On top of all that I'll get the pleasure of feeling like I'm a billionaire for 45 minutes to an hour...:wink2:

Huge congratulations to DrunkenMonkey!  I was surprised with this cigar's identity.  Mine was completely without RyJ flavors besides maybe some dry woodiness.  I thought the profile was closser to the BCG, albeit a poorly performing one.  I got a lot of hot smoke and a very misshapen burn.