Non Cuban Favorites

I had a Hamlet Tabaquero Corona a couple of weeks ago whilst on a camping holiday. Best cigar of the week and it was the only NC apart from a Davidoff WC Churchill (nice but a bit bland). Maybe it was the outdoor setting, but it was strong, smooth despite it's youth ('15), beautifully packed and had real character in the flavours it produced. Probably the only NC I'd go for at the mo. I've got the robusto and solomon in my humi too and will wait a bit longer to try those.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

FFOX, Padron 64 Anny, or LaPalina Goldies are the only NC's that interest me. Even at that I have multiple boxes and collectibles in those lines that I haven't touched in yrs. NC profiles for the most part just don't fit my palette anymore, not saying there is anything wrong with them or anyone that likes them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Padron 1964 and 1926.  Drew Estate Liga #9.  Oliva Serie V and Serie V Melanio.  Haven't had enough tabaqueros to put them up on my top list but enjoying the hell out of the ones I have had,.

Illusione's Epernay line is a probably my favorite NC at the moment. Medium bodied and delicate in flavor; perfect little smoke. Other than that I might smoke a Padron or a Fuente but anymore I'm 95% CC as far as smoking. Still have piles of NC in the humidor but can't bring myself to smoke them.

I really enjoy Avo's especially Avo Classic the old blend from 6 years ago. Recently found some at a local vendor and it was very enjoyable and smooth. The profile was woody and hints of coffee and sweet tobacco. 

I was passed a Espinoas Habano Trabuco cigar on the golf course yesterday.  60 X 6

Taste was ok.  Earthy, pepper and leather.  Non offensive would be the best was to describe.

But... how the hell are you supposed to smoke the last inch of something this size?  Impossible to get a steady draw with your mouth fully open.

Waste of tobacco, would have be far better rolling two coronas instead.

• Like 1

Illusione, Oliva, Crouned Heads, and Tatuaje.  Smoking a Hedley Grange ATM and enjoying it a lot.  It doesn't hurt that I drive by Dion's shop in Reno quite a bit to keep Illusiones in my humidore.  

Unlike a a lot of posters though, I find the high end NCs a bit over priced, Padron for example, I can enjoy solid CCs for half the price.  The others I mentioned I get for a lower price than most CCs so they often become more of an everyday cigar.  

• Like 1

The only non cc I have in my humidor at all times are illusione, tatuaje and drew estate unico stuff. Ive probably smoked like a thousand papas fritas alone.

Ashton VSG, LFD Cabinet Oscuro, LFD Chisel Maduro, LADC Mi Amor, LADC Mi Amor Reserva, DE no9, DE T52, Undercrown,  Padron 4000 Maduro, San Cristobal Revalation, Nica Rustica, Cusano 18 Paired Maduro.  Just went through the NC's I'm keeping in the humidor from now on.  The rest will be CC's!