• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

El Dorado 12 is a nice sipper from Guyana. Pair it with at least a medium strength cigar, otherwise it will overpower the cigar.    

This... Cheers!

Never tried it, but I really like Diplomaticos and ED 15 which is my go to rum in the summer.. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When we were talking about rum on Friday I remembered I had some of this at home. Has anyone ever tried this and what do you think of it.

The name always reminded me of Rob.:P

20160618_192001_resized.jpg

11 hours ago, jwr0201 said:

Diplomatico Reserva or The Reserva Exclusiva?  What' s the difference?

Reserva Exclusiva. Didn't know there was another.

13 hours ago, Colt45 said:

Yeah, I also like Barbancourt, and consider it more cognac-like, if that makes any sense. I find Zacapa and the like much sweeter - good all around drinkers.

I like cognac and armagnac.  I enjoy dry rum almost as much as I enjoy burnt wine.  But I don't really find much similarity between the two.

These are my favorites in order:

Mount Gayy (with one y, looks like it was edited otherwise) 1703

Homere Clement Cuvee

El Dorado 15 (dryer than the 21)

Crassous De medeuil Rhum J.M

DonQ Gran Anejo

However I will admit I am a sucker for The Captain Morgan in my coke.

IMG_6659.JPG

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, topdiesel said:

These are my favorites in order:

Mount Gayy (with one y, looks like it was edited otherwise) 1703

Homere Clement Cuvee

El Dorado 15 (dryer than the 21)

Crassous De medeuil Rhum J.M

DonQ Gran Anejo

However I will admit I am a sucker for The Captain Morgan in my coke.

IMG_6659.JPG

Second the Clement cuvee Homere, so refined and aromatic...

Been piling up Plantation offerings lately, mostly Belize and multi-island selection. Exactly what I look for in sipping rum, just the right amount of sweetness and spiciness with great complexity.

On June 17, 2016 at 8:20 AM, billh1 said:

This...

image.jpeg

Cheers!

As yet I haven't tried this bran but I hear it's Dam Good!

I Found Two bottles of Ron Zacapa in my Liquor cabinet the other day one in the old wiker bottle and one in the current bottle. Wow Great stuff!

IMG_2796.jpg

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Warren said:

When we were talking about rum on Friday I remembered I had some of this at home. Has anyone ever tried this and what do you think of it.

The name always reminded me of Rob.:P

20160618_192001_resized.jpg

I have to admit I have not tried the XO but I have tried the cheaper version and spiced rums go I would place it well above the Captain Morgan Sailor Jerry varieties. Not nearly as sweet as Zaya and Zacapa. Very interested to try the XO version now.

5 hours ago, earthson said:

I like cognac and armagnac.  I enjoy dry rum almost as much as I enjoy burnt wine.  But I don't really find much similarity between the two.

I'm not exactly sure what you mean, so to be brief, when I say Cognac-like, I guess the best way I can describe it is finesse versus extraction. For me Barbancourt is certainly drier than rums like Zacapa.

Maybe a dry sherry compared to a rich port. A lean mean barbera compared to a big cabernet.

On 6/17/2016 at 6:46 PM, NYgarman said:

This stuff is fantastic with a cigar. Flavors of coffee and chocolate delicious.

rum.jpg

My dad pulled out a bottle of this when I was over at his house last. It's hands down his favorite and after tasting I see why. So smooth with a big vanilla note on top of the darker flavors... like an alcoholic candy bar in a glass. Not sure where to get it locally; he picks his bottles up in Hawaii.

On 18/06/2016 at 7:19 PM, Ralphanator said:

I Found Two bottles of Ron Zacapa in my Liquor cabinet the other day one in the old wiker bottle and one in the current bottle. Wow Great stuff!

IMG_2796.jpg

I just purchase a bottle of this in Germany. Haven't tasted it yet.

On 6/17/2016 at 6:46 PM, NYgarman said:

This stuff is fantastic with a cigar. Flavors of coffee and chocolate delicious.

rum.jpg

I'm going to be there in a couple weeks.  Thanks to this reminder, I'll stop by the plantation and do the tasting!

Centenario 20 is great. Full bodied, sweetish without being too sweet. Similar to Zacapa 23, but better.

Pyrat XO when you want something lighter with citrus overtones. Like it with a wedge of lime.

R.L. Seale's is called a navy rum, not clear on that distinction. Really nice mid body and somewhat dry. Well priced.

All of the above served with a few ice cubes, por favor.