New in-wall Humidor setup

superconductor71

15 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Very nice! Much better than staring at fish.  :D

Lol....agreed, and much less expensive (believe it or not), at least in maintenance and electricity costs.  The wife was thrilled with it.

19 minutes ago, LordAnubis said:

Great job :thumbsup::clap:

Is the door sliding glass doors? And two drawers at the bottom?

Yes, thick sliding glass.

Yep, the 2 drawers come out as one unit though and they are part of the main unit, as the top of them is a screen.  So more space for either singles or additional boxes in there.  Again, all spanish cedar with the exception of the additional figured walnut face to it.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, PigFish said:

Very nice project. Congratulations.

Definitely an upgrade to a fish cage! -Piggy

I should state, that you had an indirect hand in this project, Piggy.  I sent him over to these forums to do his research prior to design and he read over your posts meticulously.  They were a great help to him.

He's an avid Herpetology guy, with an exotic collection....so as it turns out, the care of snakes requires very specific humidity/temperature requirements.  He was also able to integrate that knowledge into this.

And thanks, yes it's a GREAT upgrade to what was there!

Had 2 reef tanks at one time for 10 years. Can confirm huge pain in the ass and also the most expensive hobby by far you can ever get into.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, ThePolskiOgorki said:

That's an amazing set up. Your bro does nice work. 

Much appreciated, i'll definitely pass that along.

I even enjoy going into the back room, looking at the entire exterior of the humidor as it's all in spanish cedar....great aroma and looks pretty to boot.

Although, not as pretty as other woods, which is why he used the figured walnut on the front exterior.

This is amazing, looks awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As promised, here are a few pics from behind the scenes.  As you can see with the pic of the sensors (blue is RH, black is temp) they are set towards the top of the humidor, so the controller itself is set to 67% RH as opposed to 65%.  The numbers you see on the actual controller are the real time sensor readings, not the settings.

BMu3HHn.jpg

g7Ubzv9.jpg

0V3q1Ki.jpg

tV4Axsa.jpg

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Really impressed by this setup. I'm hoping to do something similar in the future. If you don't mind me asking what's the ballpark cost you put into this project. Maybe I can convince the wife to let me do this too! Haha