last cigar that knocked you on your backside?

It has been a long while since a cigar has got the better of me. 

Everything was going smoothly, highly enjoyable, fuller than normal but I enjoy full bodied cigars.....and then the queesiness starts, the cold sweat, I had to put it down and walk away to find a glass of water. 

It was just a Partagas Short.:rolleyes:

When was the last cigar that knocked you on your backside?

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I once had the brilliant idea of walking around Manhattan with my wife and a montecristo 520 on a warm Saturday evening.  I was having such a great time I smoked it until it burned my lips only to bec

I didn't realise you were pregnant. Congratulations! When are you due? Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Actually,   Rod (Warrick 5)  god bless him and I smoked an Opus X double corona at a Perth catch up .....when finished, both of us looked at each other and simply said WTF just happened . We were smas

Oliva Serie V Melanion in Figurado.  Was a very fresh cigar.  4 weeks rest in my humidor and had it on the evening of July third (watching my neighbors blow up thousands of dollars in fireworks),

THe morning of the fourth I hosed off my deck.  Granted alcohol played a role in this, that cigar just sucker punched me and pushed me over the edge.

Actually,   Rod (Warrick 5)  god bless him and I smoked an Opus X double corona at a Perth catch up .....when finished, both of us looked at each other and simply said WTF just happened . We were smashed and smoked nothing  further for the rest of the day . I remember the state of our fingers from that cigar stained an oily .

Miss you Rod .

• Like 4

Partagas Short? Were you smoking it before breakfast with a hang over?!

Most recently I enjoyed a HU Mag 56 a bit too much, retrohaling excessively usually does it & if I smoke before dinner. Finished it ok & sat down to eat, one mouthful then it hit me, I had to lay in a dark room and I was out like a light, clothed with my boots on. Woke up at 3am & went to bed.

I can proudly say that I've never been knocked on my arse by a Cuban (well, except when very drunk, but that doesn't count! ;) ) NC's are another matter though. My incredibly stupid decision to smoke a La Flor Dominicana double ligero chisel on an empty stomach led to 2 hours of lying on the sofa and having cold sweats. Never again! 

• Like 1

NC way back when there was an Old World Reserve Maduro.  Probably the only Rocky Patel cigar fit to smoke.  Damn tasty numbers.  Went for beers and cigars for breakfast and was flat staggered.  Had to sit for a while to get my equilibrium back.  Then went for some nice, greasy biscuits & gravy with country fried steak, fried catfish, southern grits & hash browns!  B)

2 hours ago, smokeyjoe01 said:

Partagas Short? Were you smoking it before breakfast with a hang over?!

I do that almost daily.  

Oh.  Maybe shouldn't have said that....

- MG

• Like 1

Padron 1964 in the morning with Coffee.... all was well and then ... not so well. Ended it little early and went to kitchen, put a teaspoon full of sugar in my mouth and slept on the couch for few hours.

Not a very good morning cigar with light breakfast. =)

• Like 1

That little OSOK always catches me off guard. I also smoked a la aurora untamed that made me feel ill about a year ago, but I'm not sure it was the nic with that stick. Never had a cc put me down. Sometimes a young Fuente Anejo comes close.

Had a few NCs as well that were very strong, but as is the case with most NCs, especially strong ones, they're a bit one-dimensional. Last one I can recall was a Padron 1926.

The last CC that knocked me over was a 1995 PSD4, smoked in the late 90s. 

2 hours ago, LordAnubis said:

I didn't realise you were pregnant. Congratulations! When are you due? emoji23.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

......don't you people have few enough friends as there is :D

• Like 2