Jeremy Festa

Whisky Glass of Note

Recommended Posts

On 23 July 2016 at 1:26 PM, Ken Gargett said:

similar concept to what we are seeing in coffee glasses recently. 

discovered the other day that riedel do a zacapa glass. i am investigating. 

Try looking in "Best Bar in the World" :ph34r:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Great post Jeremy thanks for posting :thumbsup:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2016 at 10:33 PM, PapaDisco said:

What's the point of the double wall construction?  To slow your ice melting?

What I would say:- "so they can put those aerating fin thingies on the inside but also let the glass stand up on its own."

What they say:- "double-walled structure offers a seamless integration of a scientifically performing inside with an aesthetically beautiful outside."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2016 at 9:34 PM, miurajus said:

Just to update, they billed me today.  I am of the assumption OCT batch will be shipping shortly.

 

Will follow up soon.

Did you get yours yet, just curious?  Still nothing on my order but hoping they arrive soon.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I did actually receive my set today.  Lighter in the hand than expected, but beautiful none the less.  Nose IMO was more to my liking than my Glencairn I usually drink with (softer and cleaner).  I am satisfied with the purchase and am glad that I bought them.  Please do share when you receive your set.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, miurajus said:

I did actually receive my set today.  Lighter in the hand than expected, but beautiful none the less.  Nose IMO was more to my liking than my Glencairn I usually drink with (softer and cleaner).  I am satisfied with the purchase and am glad that I bought them.  Please do share when you receive your set.

Will do.  Just hoping they show up some time soon.  Really want to give it a proper test run. LOL

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/22/2016 at 5:43 AM, Jeremy Festa said:

 

Fellow reprobates,

Just a little heads up to say "Glencairn! Eat your heart out!"

I backed these guys on Kickstarter back in 2015 and the glasses finally arrived the other day!

Norlan!

Look them up!

a8fbe8f2f397d244a79c89e7d90bd932.jpg

cba28455767f2c4c6f6a997ad2d1c3c8.jpg

bc57ec53a8ad83ff7364de29011f03ca.jpg

9a10fb3e45a64fff5a63a2d454d2eafe.jpg

f1cf08e1ece8f8b62204da126225d8ad.jpg

Great weight to them. Solid but not overly heavy.

Once filled you can really witness the double wall construction and the Whisky reflects up through the cavity giving he glass a golden rim effect.

Pretty stoked with them. Highly recommend.

Here's the latest production vid:-

 

Found them here:-

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/norlan/the-norlan-whisky-glass

Sláinte

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

 

Got mine today, i do agree with most of your observations. It looks good, it is light for a double-walled glass. The size is fine and it fits well in hand. However i probably should have known but i find the rim is way to thick and i find the liquid as a tendency to drip on the outside of the glass but again it might be the way i drink or the shape of my lips i don't know. Maybe i'll figure it out at some point. For now i must admit that i'm glad i did not paid a fortune for those glasses and i'm not sure i would recommend them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, jazzboypro said:

Got mine today, i do agree with most of your observations. It looks good, it is light for a double-walled glass. The size is fine and it fits well in hand. However i probably should have known but i find the rim is way to thick and i find the liquid as a tendency to drip on the outside of the glass but again it might be the way i drink or the shape of my lips i don't know. Maybe i'll figure it out at some point. For now i must admit that i'm glad i did not paid a fortune for those glasses and i'm not sure i would recommend them.

Even without seeing what you look like mate, it's definitely not the shape of your lips. You are completely normal. Prolly just the way you are drinking it. Whisky is for sipping okay. 

Let us know when you make your mind up. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Even without seeing what you look like mate, it's definitely not the shape of your lips. You are completely normal. Prolly just the way you are drinking it. Whisky is for sipping okay. 

Let us know when you make your mind up. 

I sure will, i plan on really using it in the upcoming weeks and see i i finally get to like it when compared to my Glencairn glass

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

First this place hits me with cigars, and now whisky glasses. I ordered a pair based on the feedback. Will probably lead to more, since cigars and fine whisky glassware go so well together with my idiot friends. Damn you and your whisky trinkets. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, after trying them for some time, these glasses are not for me. Like i said before, i find the rim to be too thick and honestly, the more i look at them the less attractive they are to me. They look much better on the Internet. These are going back in their box for good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on the pics alone, the rim is much too thick. Compare with the Riedel glasses that have just the finest rims perfect for sipping.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Lotusguy said:

Based on the pics alone, the rim is much too thick. Compare with the Riedel glasses that have just the finest rims perfect for sipping.

I was thinking of buying the Riedel tumbler, i have two Glencairn glasses that work nicely but i don't really like their shape. Maybe it's just me, but i find the tumbler is what i prefer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone know if these are available for purchase outside of a gift set? Or a recommendation for a similar glass? I tried one at my local B&M the other night and really liked it

740b8ece69eebd0912cabffd34b686be.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I was thinking of buying the Riedel tumbler, i have two Glencairn glasses that work nicely but i don't really like their shape. Maybe it's just me, but i find the tumbler is what i prefer.


I don't have the tumblers so I can't comment on those. I have the Vinum series nosing glasses.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, BMWBen said:

Anyone know if these are available for purchase outside of a gift set? Or a recommendation for a similar glass? I tried one at my local B&M the other night and really liked it

740b8ece69eebd0912cabffd34b686be.jpg

Seen it for sale on a few German websites. Google Ron Zacapa tumbler.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I just can't get into drinking fine spirits from a funky looking bodum coffee cup. If drinking room temp liquid, I don't see the point in having a double walled glass.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Community Software by Invision Power Services, Inc.