Lighter recommendations

Well, it seems that we fall into two distinct groups, those who light cigars with the cheapest means possible, and those who enjoy adding a touch of luxury to the lighting of their cigar.  I fall into the cheap category, which is fine by me, and will continue being so.  I did enjoy checking out some of the nice DuPont lighters though!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I appreciate the finer things in life, as most of us here do. That said, I have always wondered about spending loads of money on ultra-premium lighters. Especially for a pocket lighter, which by defin

Like most I've used a range of lighters over the years. My Colibri Belmont (single torch) has been going strong for the best part of a decade now, excellent quality for the price and very good ca

For a torch, I second the S.T. Dupont.  Go with the Maxijet (perfect lighter) or Defi Extreme.  Best in the biz, but pricey.  If you're looking for best bang for the buck, I sell a ton of Lotus lighte

1. Strike anywhere wooden match

2. Soft Flame cheapo lighter

3. A certain inexpensive torch

I really prefer the two soft flame approaches for the initial fire-up if conditions permit.  The torch excels at precision, hand-held final third touchups so I keep it handy at all times.  Side note: could be just my example, but torch will not ignite if it is allowed to cool below about 50 F (10 C).

The torch not lighting is a function of the gas being cold I think. Read about it once but don't recall the exacts. I'm a waterfowl hunter and enjoy a cigar or 2 in the blind, but have to put the lighter in with my hand warmers for a good while before firing it up. My xikar doesn't play nice at 0 degrees.

• 2 weeks later...