To say I am looking forward to this cigar would be an understatement. My favorite Marca and a great size to boot. 

I know the "Monte 80th" fever is in full pitch right now, but has anybody heard anything about this cigar since it was announced? 

I wouldn't be surprised if this cigar never showed, or if it does, in very low quantities. Considering the yearlong+ delay for the "2015" Monte 80th and the majority of folks who tasted both stating that the current release cigars are very different in flavor than the pre release cigars. I'm not sure where the Tobacco for the 16's is going to come from. The wrapper leaves are just about the same size (165mm vs 167mm) and they clearly had issues getting enough together for the 80ths. 

Maybe I am just being pessimistic, if I prepare myself for the worst case I can only be happily surprised if they are released. Right? Best case scenario they release them on the island early November to coincide with my trip. :cigar:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just arrived today............wrappers and aroma are gorgeous to say the least.  These boxes are going down for a rip van winkle sleeeeppppppp............    

Just over a year later and I finally got the opportunity to indulge in my first Montecristo Dantes Edicion Limitada 2016. I am glad to announce it was well worth the wait. I grabbed one of the le

They have arrived!! Great sweet barnyard aroma and DARK wrappers, pretty much maduro. Pretty consistent color/appearance wise though which is always nice to see. Lots of visible veins and seams, they

I dont think there is any intention for these to resemble the Edmundo Dantes of 07/08. Those were blended specifically to Max Guthmanns taste, not to match a certain Marca. Although he does mention Partagas Lusitanias multiple times in the CA article discussing them.

If these turn out to be like a Monte, but richer and more chocolately. Like many of the ELs are, I will be more than happy. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I dont think there is any intention for these to resemble the Edmundo Dantes of 07/08

... just about to say the same.

Regarding timing of the EL - if you consider that the "current" 80-Aniversario was meant to be a 2015 release and is coming out now... well, based on previous years, I wouldn't expect the Dantès to be seen much before turn of the year. And I wouldn't be too surprised if it would be even later. So, still plenty of time, no need getting nervous.

Am also much looking forward to that release. The RyJ Hermosos No. 1 was such a fine cigar, I somehow hope this one will be along those lines. Class format.

2 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

I dont think there is any intention for these to resemble the Edmundo Dantes of 07/08. Those were blended specifically to Max Guthmanns taste, not to match a certain Marca. Although he does mention Partagas Lusitanias multiple times in the CA article discussing them.

If these turn out to be like a Monte, but richer and more chocolately. Like many of the ELs are, I will be more than happy. 

Monte certainly lends itself to the EL profile imo. I'm still rationing my last few 08 sublimes!

2 hours ago, in0gravity said:

Can you share this "release sheet" here on the Forum?

regards

Lars

Best not to but I can "paraphrase it" for you. 

let me put my hands on it again when I am in the warehouse next week. 

• 3 months later...

I returned from the island November 18th. The R&Js and Trinis were available in most LCDHs. Not a whisper about the Monte though. Myself, and some others in the group definitely asked around, I even talked to someone involved in distribution at PCC, but nothing new. I've heard there may be some information coming forth in the next couple weeks though.  

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, sarkozy said:

What is the launch date? Any news on this Rob?

Launch date is unfortunately whenever they hit the retailers, I'm afraid. This cigar is a big mystery. Didn't even hear or see anything about the Dantes pre-release as we did with the Topes or Capuletos. I guess releasing ELs in their year of issue is out the window now anyway. Taking this long, this cigar had better really deliver...

I have seen nothing about the release of this cigar. Bearing in mind that the topez and capuletos were starting to show up around august, it does make you wonder what is going on.

LEs are normally well supplied and fairly easy to get hold of. I think the dantes will be more like the monte 80th and very limited numbers if and when they are released. 

I think it will be released at the Habanos Festival.  Supposed to be announcing some new things related to Montecristo it would seem according to a number of sources.  If they happen to bring the Edmundo Dantes marca worldwide it would seem logical they choose to release the Montecristo Dantes at the Festival?  But I suppose HSA never does things logically.  So who really knows.  Just my 2 cents.

• Like 1

On 8/10/2016 at 2:40 PM, Corylax18 said:

Not to change the subject but how were the grand edmundo EL. I love the monte profile as well and if they are just a richer version of the Marca I'm buying a box 

6 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

Not to change the subject but how were the grand edmundo EL. I love the monte profile as well and if they are just a richer version of the Marca I'm buying a box 

The Grand Edmundo is a very good cigar. I got a box at a previous 24:24 and love it. 

On 1/14/2017 at 3:38 PM, zeedubbya said:

...But I suppose HSA never does things logically...

That.

I love how HSA releases only two LEs for 2015, both exceptional, delivered on time with excellent availability. Seems like they finally have the LE program dialed in. Then, they bump it to three the next year, release none on time, and one isn't even on the radar well into the following year.

We should see the Dantes around the time the 2017 LEs are announced--and we probably won't see any of those until 2019.