• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just arrived today............wrappers and aroma are gorgeous to say the least.  These boxes are going down for a rip van winkle sleeeeppppppp............    

Just over a year later and I finally got the opportunity to indulge in my first Montecristo Dantes Edicion Limitada 2016. I am glad to announce it was well worth the wait. I grabbed one of the le

They have arrived!! Great sweet barnyard aroma and DARK wrappers, pretty much maduro. Pretty consistent color/appearance wise though which is always nice to see. Lots of visible veins and seams, they

• 1 month later...
45 minutes ago, hababa said:

FWIW, I won't touch mine for 3 years, probably 5. 

Yeah, the majority of what I get will sleep at least this long. I will get one box to sample from until I decide they hit the sweet spot, then dig in. 

• Like 1

On ‎2‎/‎25‎/‎2017 at 1:02 PM, BarryNY said:

Just arrived today............wrappers and aroma are gorgeous to say the least.  These boxes are going down for a rip van winkle sleeeeppppppp............

dante2.jpg

dante3.jpg

dante4.jpg

Those are some sexy smokes! Someday hopefully.

Love to hear how these taste, and whether they have any resemblance to the Monte #1, or any other Monte in production. Something tells me they will be unique and unlike other Montes, which means for me it would be a gamble.

• 3 weeks later...
They have arrived!! Great sweet barnyard aroma and DARK wrappers, pretty much maduro. Pretty consistent color/appearance wise though which is always nice to see. Lots of visible veins and seams, they remind me of some of the older EL wrappers. OCT 16 like Barry's but SGA rather than SUM. I'm not familiar with which code is which factory, but neither of these codes ring a bell for me. Are they really rolling some of these in provincial factory's?

It will be nice to hear what the guys at Czar HQ have to say about these after the tasting. I had a VERY strong urge to light one up before it ever saw the humidor. I resisted, but I see a few more boxes in my future.

58f14ab8d3a78_IMG_20241.thumb.JPG.0d4e0290a7126967ef7bcd71086e1697.JPG58f14ae3b31b0_IMG_20191.thumb.JPG.c57fd9c89622da530b2cd36c439ec24d.JPG58f14b403a088_IMG_20301.thumb.JPG.649d39a4681f1dad56d36bbe7acb45af.JPG58f14be19f93c_IMG_20341.thumb.JPG.3150a1be3b5b7e965224f7c4c8a093bc.JPG

Wow those are some of the darkest wrappers I've seen on a "non maduro".

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

GOA? Wow, either they switched to back to 15 codes early or something weird is going on. I haven't seen that code in probably a year, and when I did see it, I'm pretty sure it was on a pack of JLP Conservas. I guess they are saving the quality rollers to catch up on the much, much later Monte 80ths and blasting the ELs out of provincial factories? 

10 hours ago, Ken Gargett said:

no spoilers but rob and i did a vid a week ago (should be out by june - sorry greg).

I'm going to ignore the first two words of your post and ask any way. :D Generally positive or negative? Any comparisons to the 80th?

6 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

GOA? Wow, either they switched to back to 15 codes early or something weird is going on. I haven't seen that code in probably a year, and when I did see it, I'm pretty sure it was on a pack of JLP Conservas. I guess they are saving the quality rollers to catch up on the much, much later Monte 80ths and blasting the ELs out of provincial factories? 

I'm going to ignore the first two words of your post and ask any way. :D Generally positive or negative? Any comparisons to the 80th?

Seeing quite a few cigars with GOA 15/16 codes. Monte 2, Edmundo, Cohiba Genios, HUCJ, RACA. OCT 15 earliest. And I would be surprised if they're rolling the RACA in a provincial, but who knows these days.

1 hour ago, NSXCIGAR said:

Seeing quite a few cigars with GOA 15/16 codes. Monte 2, Edmundo, Cohiba Genios, HUCJ, RACA. OCT 15 earliest. And I would be surprised if they're rolling the RACA in a provincial, but who knows these days.

I remember seeing it late 15, but not since then. It was probably October. It has to be provincial though, I think 15/16 codes for the Havana factories have been pretty well settled by now. I would be surprised if they were rolling the RA or Monte ELs at provincials too, but that appears to be the case. Is there any consensus on SGA and SUM? The search feature needs to start recognizing 3 letter searches! Haha

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Got mine today too! Just let them rest, you wouldn't have much sheen either if you just traveled thousands of miles over the course of a couple weeks. ;-)

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 2 months later...