Usernames - What's Your Inspiration?

Where did everyone get the idea for their usernames?  Pet's name, some deep, dark secret or just pulled it out of an orifice?  Sure to be some interesting stories here.  Mine is part of my dad's USAF military service number.  

• Like 1

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Love cute little doggies, am a retired cop, prior military (U.S. Army), and my sister had emailed this cute little photo to me, so with much effort and dogged determination, I uploaded this image as

You got thrown through a storefront window, had a piece of glass lodged in your chest, and that inspired you to take up cigars? Was it a tobacco shop window? Did the piece of glass have "Cohiba" pain

If I wasn't Joeypots, a name I was given at poker game, I'd be Joe the Potter. Been making and selling for my whole life. The craft has been good to me.

Mine is my default username across most of my online services.  Jonescej = last name (Jones) + first initial (C for Craig) + middle initial (E) + last initial (J for Jones).  Not very original, hard to say, harder still for others to remember, but it's what I use for almost everything.

"stogieluver".  You can figure it out.  My avatar is a photo I took of a Cuban tobacco farmer who is rolling a farm roll for our tour group to smoke.  I have some doubt that he is a real tobacco farmer, but may likely have been an "actor" of sorts to entertain the bus loads of tour groups who visit his "farm" in Vinales.  Who knows, it's Cuba, but he really fits the part.    

I went the cryptic route..Hurltim = Tim Hurley. LOL! all my siblings have the same setup for their email. Makes it easy to remember in a pinch. 

In high school my group of friends would all hangout, smoke cigars, and drink our parent's booze after jazz band performances. We were naughty, but we developed a deep appreciation for good cigars and alcohol. We were also Spanish language students so we thought it would be funny to name our motley crew "Los Fumadoros"; a mis-translation for "the smokers". I just kept the mistake and made it improperly singular.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, ElJefeDeNada said:

After 30-plus years of marriage, my wife convinced me of mine. 

HILARIOUS!!!!

Mine, like my avatar comes from the fins of the favorite car I've ever owned... '59 Caddy in baby blue. One day I'll have another! (family is more important, prompting the sale back when first married)

Libertarian guy who hates regulations (especially when hindering my smoking hobby). Plus native Spanish speaker (and TabacoLibre sounds cooler than FreeTobacco).

Picture randomly taken from the internet because it looked artistic and I also love coffee.