Usernames - What's Your Inspiration?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Love cute little doggies, am a retired cop, prior military (U.S. Army), and my sister had emailed this cute little photo to me, so with much effort and dogged determination, I uploaded this image as

You got thrown through a storefront window, had a piece of glass lodged in your chest, and that inspired you to take up cigars? Was it a tobacco shop window? Did the piece of glass have "Cohiba" pain

If I wasn't Joeypots, a name I was given at poker game, I'd be Joe the Potter. Been making and selling for my whole life. The craft has been good to me.

When I first signed up to a couple of webmail accounts for general internet use, I kept running up against "sorry, this name is already in use".  So I started using my surname in a variety of strange languages.... not always correctly, as it turned out.  

1 hour ago, Akela3rd said:

Something to do with Barbie's boyfriend?

years ago, when still a lawyer, i used to act for an interstate client whose receptionist was actually called barbie. i'd often ring perhaps ten times a week for long periods with certain matters.

every time, 'hi barbie, ken here'.

never, not once, did she twig. all the rest of the staff used to piss itself but on she'd go with no idea why.

• Like 3

I'm the Cub Scout section leader, who is always called Akela (after the wolf pack leader in The Jungle Book), at 3rd Osterley Sea Scout Group.

And the avatar is Boris, who is resident in my garden.

I'm a fan of monster movies and well Nosferatu is one of my favorites, so between toys, posters, and my entire game room being vampire themed,  it seemed only natural to continue with that on the forum as well. 

• Like 1

There were three Toms in my grade school class. I was known as Tom F, so I shortened it.

The avatar pic is Castro playing basketball; go figure.

I'm in the Information Technology field and Networks are connected via Ethernet. My username is simply an attempt the be clever. I'm not really in the Networking game anymore, but it's different enough to generally be available when I need to use it, so I've kept using it. 

• Like 1

I'm a huge jazz fan, this explains the first part of my username (jazzboy), i chose that many years ago, i wanted it to be the first part of my e-mail address bit it was already taken and so was it on many websites where a wanted to become a member of. If i had been a professional musician, jazz is what i would have played hence the "pro" at the end.

• Like 1

I took it from Unbreakable after I was thrown through a storefront window and had a shard of glass go through my chest.  I always had an interest in cigars, but this event inspired me to take it up as a hobby.

• Like 1