Usernames - What's Your Inspiration?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

'Love cute little doggies, am a retired cop, prior military (U.S. Army), and my sister had emailed this cute little photo to me, so with much effort and dogged determination, I uploaded this image as

You got thrown through a storefront window, had a piece of glass lodged in your chest, and that inspired you to take up cigars? Was it a tobacco shop window? Did the piece of glass have "Cohiba" pain

If I wasn't Joeypots, a name I was given at poker game, I'd be Joe the Potter. Been making and selling for my whole life. The craft has been good to me.

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

This story needs more details!

I was walking home from Fortitude Valley with a friend in 2009 when a really drunk girl started stumbling after us.  We stopped to talk with her outside St. Vinnies which was basically where all of the street lighting stopped to make sure she hadn't mistaken us for someone else.  A guy took offense to this, came rushing up and grabbed me, then threw me against the shopfront window.  The second time he did it, I went through.  He wasn't her boyfriend - she was a friend of his girlfriend.

Because the shop was so old, it didn't have safety glass and a (roughly) 2.5 foot shard went through my armpit and out the center of my chest, though it did stay outside my ribcage.  It also managed to take a big slice out of my left hand.  Two guys helped me out of the window, then told me I should lie down which seemed like a strangely good idea.  At the time, I didn't realise that the glass was still hanging out of my chest.  The police and paramedics showed up quite quickly, but because the glass was still there they weren't sure what to do or how to move me.  I lay there for about an hour before they carefully loaded me into the ambulance and took me to hospital where they eventually managed to take it out.  Between my hand and chest, it took over a year for things to heal.

Cigars were something I was going to get around to trying eventually, but this event made me think that I should do something about it sooner rather than later.  I bought some singles to take away for a weekend a few months after this and that was enough to start me on this very slippery slope.  And when I  signed up on the forum, the username seemed strangely appropriate.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MrGlass said:

I was walking home from Fortitude Valley with a friend in 2009 when a really drunk girl started stumbling after us.  We stopped to talk with her outside St. Vinnies which was basically where all of the street lighting stopped to make sure she hadn't mistaken us for someone else.  A guy took offense to this, came rushing up and grabbed me, then threw me against the shopfront window.  The second time he did it, I went through.  He wasn't her boyfriend - she was a friend of his girlfriend.

Because the shop was so old, it didn't have safety glass and a (roughly) 2.5 foot shard went through my armpit and out the center of my chest, though it did stay outside my ribcage.  It also managed to take a big slice out of my left hand.  Two guys helped me out of the window, then told me I should lie down which seemed like a strangely good idea.  At the time, I didn't realise that the glass was still hanging out of my chest.  The police and paramedics showed up quite quickly, but because the glass was still there they weren't sure what to do or how to move me.  I lay there for about an hour before they carefully loaded me into the ambulance and took me to hospital where they eventually managed to take it out.  Between my hand and chest, it took over a year for things to heal.

Cigars were something I was going to get around to trying eventually, but this event made me think that I should do something about it sooner rather than later.  I bought some singles to take away for a weekend a few months after this and that was enough to start me on this very slippery slope.  And when I  signed up on the forum, the username seemed strangely appropriate.

Jesus Christ! 

Stay outta the Valley man! 

2 hours ago, Fuzz said:

:confused: You got thrown through a storefront window, had a piece of glass lodged in your chest, and that inspired you to take up cigars? :blink: Was it a tobacco shop window? Did the piece of glass have "Cohiba" painted on it? Was it Lisa who threw you through the Czar shop window when you asked, "Are you the Madam of this establishment?"

This story needs more details!

Glad you asked Fuzz? I am going to have nightmares now. 

I myself, am named Jeremy. My middle name is Rocco.

Most people call me Jer, JerBear, Jerry, Jeremiah Bullfrog, Jerome, Jedi Jer, Jez, Jezza, Jezebel, J-Roc or just straight Rocco, after my dad. 

I combined the Jer and the Rocco, because I didn't like the other names or their combinations. Sounds like the hot Mediterranean wind, Sirocco. 

I want an admin person to change it to my name, Jeremy Festa. So I can be legit like Ken. Seriously though. Someone change it please. 

My profile pic is 100% me and is too legit. FoH is my Facebook. I love it here. 

39 minutes ago, Jerocco said:

Jesus Christ! 

Stay outta the Valley man! 

Glad you asked Fuzz? I am going to have nightmares now. 

Actually, yes. It is a good reminder to not take life for granted, especially with a 2.5 foot long piece of glass in your chest. Plus, it's a great story to tell the grandkids in years to come.

• Like 1

Boring wordplay on my initials.  ZW.  Simple to the point and (strangely) mildly annoying to some people who don't like George W. Bush.  

1 hour ago, Jerocco said:

Most people call me Jer, JerBear, Jerry, Jeremiah Bullfrog, Jerome, Jedi Jer, Jez, Jezza, Jezebel, J-Roc or just straight Rocco, after my dad. 

I combined the Jer and the Rocco, because I didn't like the other names or their combinations. Sounds like the hot Mediterranean wind, Sirocco. 

I want an admin person to change it to my name, Jeremy Festa. So I can be legit like Ken. Seriously though. Someone change it please. 

What is wrong with you  Jeremy Festa ??? :D 

• Like 1

Im a slacker who always is lounging or is it those late night stoner Teen Hunger Aqua Force cartoon influences...I'm sofaking lazy to decide.

There's UK furniture store called SofaKing who were banned from using the tag line "because we're SofaKing cheap"...
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, Jerocco said:

You can change it yourself in account settings, display name.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Are you sure? 

47 minutes ago, Jeremy Festa said:

Yeah mate! It totally worked! 

Yep. You can change it up to 3 times, I think, before it gets locked out.

If I wasn't Joeypots, a name I was given at poker game, I'd be Joe the Potter. Been making and selling for my whole life. The craft has been good to me.

IMG_1570.jpg

• Like 4

My father along with his many brothers and sisters were born in Pinar Del Rio, Cuba. This is were my handle comes in. Pinareño as most of you know is the term used for people from the Pinar Del Rio province of Cuba. Although I was born in the Little Havana area of Miami, FL, I am very proud of my family heritage. 

• Like 1

The official flag of the City of Chicago has 4 red 6 pointed stars on it representing 4 significant events in the city's history (original settlement of Fort Dearborn, the Chicago Fire (actual event, not the soccer team), the World's Columbian Exposition of 1893 , and the Century of Progress (Chicago's 100th birthday celebration) of 1933.  The flag is all over the city, so as a bit of a cocky marketing ploy, I started using "5th Star" to imply that my cigar store (then managed, now own) should be the 5th star on the flag.  Fun with symbolism and shameless self promotion

Mine is a real longshot. Originally it´s a Viking name (I´m from sweden) and it´s a surname, full name is Raginaharjar Hlewagastir and means Ragnar Hospitable. I started using the surname 15 years ago online and it´s really convienient as it is never taken :-). The drawback is that lots of people has a hard time to pickup my alias. "-whats your ingame name?" "-raginaharjar" "-say What?!?!?" "-Raginaharjar"  "Ragadaga.....what?!?!"