Montecristo 80th...how many really?

7 hours ago, Fugu said:

I know, its not popular to say, and people are usually reluctand to hear this - but I will say anyway: There is simply no free, random switching of any tobacco to any Marca. There may be to a certain extent, but you simply cannot use a Mag 56 wrapper for a Sig VI or a Dip2 blend in a SLRDC.

If you believe it were so, why at all bothering about availability of Cohiba - hey, simply buy what's available, people!

But that's then the true reputation to lose for Cuba if they'd thrust out anything for everything. And that would come worse in the long term than a temporary shortage in supplies (and as a side effect a shortage always sparks interest, as we can see in this and some other recent threads). I can follow the HSA policies quite well in this regard (but less so as regards the headline-stick of this thread, but that rather appears like being one of those "accidents" again).

I think there's probably something also in a HSA worry that they would seriously struggle to deal with the fallout of another drop in quality ala the millennium issues. Some marca have only just recovered it seems. Another crisis where consumer confidence in the quality of product might be catastrophic