Real\Fake Cohibas Robustos that came from Cuba

Saxman

My name is Saxman(Victor) and this is my first post on this topic. I am adding this introduction as I failed to do so when I first wrote the post. My apologies. I'm a Cuban born cigar lover and look forward to many discussions with you all.

My very well intended Cuban cousin just came back from Cuba, and being the nice guy that he is, he brought me back some "Cohiba Robustos." Of course I won't say a thing to him, but he got them from free from a pal in Pina Del Rio and was kind enough to give them to me.

As you can see from the pictures, they are real fake CCs "Cohiba Robustos". I mean take your pick of the flaws...

• Box is in terrible condition

• The bottom of the box had no factory or date stamp at all, and the font is shabby at best

• The logo on the Habanos is not even close in color etc

The government seal is just poor in every way. The serial number is of course not good. The hologram is not even a close attempt just some glitter tape. The bar code did nothing when I scanned.

• Of course there was no micro writing on the label with matching serial numbers.

• The cedar lid had no cutout to lift

• The cigars themselves are are really bad

• No consistent color

• Labels are not matched or even a little bit good

• Font on cable, squares on labels are not even

• The labels were so inconsistent none of the 25 matched all and only two were even close

• See the picture with the four cigars

• The foot on all of them were nicely cut

• The caps looked just ok but very inconsistent from cigar to cigar

• When I tore one down I did find them to be whole leaf for wrapper, binder and filler. There was no loose tabaco so my suspicion is that they were hand rolled properly

• I smoke one and although it may be CC tabaco it's no Cohiba I'll assure you.

It's not going to be any news to everyone here that CCs are faked an awful lot in Cuba and the only two solutions in my opinions are to trust Rob, buy from the Havano official stores when you're there, or get customs.

Thanks

realfakecohibas2.jpg

realfakecohibas3.jpg

realfakecohibas5.jpg

realfakecohibas7.jpg

realfakecohibas5.jpg

realfakecohibas8.jpg

realfakecohibas9.jpg

realfakecohibas10.jpg

realfakecohibas13.jpg

realfakecohibas15.jpg

realfakecohibas14.jpg

realfakecohibas11.jpg

realfakecohibas12.jpg

realfakecohibas1.jpg

realfakecohibas4.jpg

realfakecohibas6.jpg

realfakecohibas16.jpg

Edited by Saxman
Failed to introduce myself

OOOO WEEE those are E-E-Y-Y-O-O-G-L-Y!!! :covereyes:  :wacko:  I've seen better "see - gars" in a used commode :no: 

• Like 1

Uggggly yeah great gesture. I was surprised because he ( like me) is Cuban and knows these people so I didn't think they would scan him. Oh well when I go in December the ines I'm going to bring back and smoke while there will be for Casa Del Havano and customs from Alex, La China etc.

Saxman (Victor)

OH Boy.  I head to Cuba in late October and now am rally worried.  I've just found this site and purchased my first lot of cigars and now realise that what I have purchased from other "cigar retailers" and thought were "nice" were just crap and now when I go to Cuba I am still gonna smoke crap. Man I need an education and fast.

El Perro Loco

OH Boy.  I head to Cuba in late October and now am rally worried.  I've just found this site and purchased my first lot of cigars and now realise that what I have purchased from other "cigar retailers" and thought were "nice" were just crap and now when I go to Cuba I am still gonna smoke crap. Man I need an education and fast.

El Perro Loco

I go in Dec, and I'm going to stick to only buying at Casa Del Havanos while there and daily smokes will be custom roll done by the rollers there. Because if this site I plan to bring back maybe one box of stuff I haven't seen in 24:24 if available and smoke a Behike or two while I'm there if I can find them.

Saxman

• 3 weeks later...

Absolutely Saxman. We are really at the mercy of the established counterfeiters who are doing a pro job.  Yep Casa del Havanos for me and will try your idea of the custom rolls whilst watching / filming. 

So what Behike?  Or am I taking a wrong turn here? Just innocent in some of this world.

any suggestions would be welcome.

cheers

El Perro Loco

Absolutely Saxman. We are really at the mercy of the established counterfeiters who are doing a pro job.  Yep Casa del Havanos for me and will try your idea of the custom rolls whilst watching / filming. 

So what Behike?  Or am I taking a wrong turn here? Just innocent in some of this world.

any suggestions would be welcome.

cheers

El Perro Loco

I hear they are nearly impossible to get on the island too. If I can a 54. I'll settle for Siglo VI thought.