RIP Gene Wilder

American actor, comedian, director, author and screenwriter, Gene Wilder (born Jerome Silberman) has passed away today, aged 83, due to complications from Alzheimer's disease. Best known for his portrayal of Willy Wonka in Willy Wonka & the Chocolate Factory, and his collaborative work with Mel Brooks and Richard Pryor.

RIP Gene Wilder

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, WarriorPrincess said:

Love this line from "Hear no evil see no evil" "Fuzzy wuzzy was a woman"  , when he was trying to understand Richard Prior 

Great movie also 

RIP

• Like 1

The strangest thing on all this sad new on Gene's passing is that I was only thinking about him last week as I quite often use his memes.

I was thinking about all the great people who have passed on this year and actually said to myself "Well not this guy". Sure enough, he has passed on. 

Rest I peace Gene you have certainly earnt it 

what a Genius  RIP 

Go to Gilda 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, wabashcr said:

Sad to hear.  RIP

From one of my all time favorites:

*My favorite Gene Wilder vehicle too - that and Blazing Saddles. Thank you.  RIP, Gene :flower:

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Saxman said:

Thanks for the post. He was a real genius. At least now he is with his also brilliant wife Gilda Radner. Heaven just got a whole lot funnier.

Saxman

*The same thing I was thinking when Walter Matthau joined Jack Lemmon in Heaven, and that was that "Well, they're both up there giving God belly laughs now"!  We'll miss you, Gene. RIP :flower:     

So, so very sad. I remember watching Blazing Saddles when I was 10 and laughed so hard and I still do to this day when I watch it. I watched Willy Wonka so many times I think I memorized the entire movie. I never get tired of watching him on the screen RIP

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

There is nothing more I can say that you guys haven't said already. He was one of my favorite actors and I watch his movies on a regular basis. He will be missed! R.I.P. Mr. Wilder. Thank you for the memories and, especially, the laughs!

• Like 1