Best App to keep track of cigars

Hey everyone, i used to use mobile stogie but the app was never updated and crashed woth iPhone6 Plus. Now i need something that works great and is updated regularly. I don't mind paying for something good.

I think there are two, cigar boss and cigar geeks.  Looking for input on other apps or even these 2 apps. Thx.

I use CigarGeeks and like it. Cost is $2 I believe but the database has over 40k cigars and you have the ability to add to the database. You can set up your online humidors for free on the website to check it out before buying it.

Been using it for almost 3 years and never had an issue syncing or losing stuff.

same answer i give to anyone asking for apps/software to track finances/smokes/wine/ hobbies/ shares/ life etc etc---> excel (and/or google sheets pending preferences). You cant beat a good spreadsheet that you can configure as you see fit.

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Dimmers said:

same answer i give to anyone asking for apps/software to track finances/smokes/wine/ hobbies/ shares/ life etc etc---> excel (and/or google sheets pending preferences). You cant beat a good spreadsheet that you can configure as you see fit.

+1

simple or complex, allows you to dial-in your preferred level of OCD. 

I had used mobile stogie as well until it stopped being updated and then would not display properly and then would finally crash. Luckily I used the export feature before it completely became unless and then used the exported excel as the basis of my current excel spreadsheet that I use for tracking now. So long story short:

+1 for excel

• Like 1

+1 for Cigar Geeks app and online function of "online humidor". From the online humidor you can export an excel as backup.

Works great but i have had some issues with duplicates; add an entry (box or cigar) on the mobile app, sync, then there is two of those online. Can be sorted by removing one and do a resync.

I used to use google docs but eventually got lazy.  I am not a big fan of using it either.  You can edit it to hearts content and on a PC I love it but on mobile devices I find spreadsheets are simply not the way to go.  I have been toying with the idea of writing my own app in with Xamarin targeting the Android platform followed by apple but between my laziness and lack of free time the project has yet to get under way.

Excel spreadsheet. Copied to Dropbox as I update info on my phone usually and can access and edit it anywhere.

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

I used mobile stogie until I ran into the same issues you did. I've been using Stogie Rate without issue for a long time and you can export to a Excel or other spreadsheets like mobile stogie.

7 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

None - I like surprises :lookaround:

Like this.  :clap:  I've been a little anal about keeping up with my stock on CCW's inventory control, but lately it's been acting up listing sticks that I've smoked twice for each entry smoked.  Driving me crazy.  I think I might take a break and adopt your approach.

Nawwww.  Can't do it.  :(

Meh... could care less.

In general, I don't have enough cigars whenever there is room for a new box. I am not smoking enough cigars when a new box comes and I have no room. My default position is, when a box goes on sale, and I like them, I don't have enough of them and need more.

If I knew what I had already, the last rule would never work and I would have to rethink my whole system... I hate having to fix a problem that I have already fixed!!! Duplication of efforts wastes my valuable smoking time. We have come full circle and I have once more affirmed that my system is perfect.

-the Pig

I prefer the time honored Sumerian Method........it works well even in the darkest corner of Borneo, where internet is still centuries away.

Paper

Pencil

in 43 years it has never crashed, is updated daily, in fact the only problem with it is input error or removal error, and I know at once who to call to fix it.

5 hours ago, garbandz said:

I prefer the time honored Sumerian Method........it works well even in the darkest corner of Borneo, where internet is still centuries away.

Paper

Pencil

in 43 years it has never crashed, is updated daily, in fact the only problem with it is input error or removal error, and I know at once who to call to fix it.

Hate to be the :smartass: (to be honest, I don't really :P) but Sumerians inscribed on soft clay. Paper, as we know it, didn't come about until the 1800's. Though I do commend you for keeping Cuneiform script alive.

And the darkest corner of Borneo is pretty humid. Not good for long term storage of paper. :D