Help with Variance in Humidity in Wineador

HoyoFan

10 hours ago, PadronFan said:

The experimentation continues. Tested the beads separately today in a ziplock with my hygrometer and they registered at 55% dry. In the humi they go to see what happens

I have a question.

What is left in the humidor making the rH 64?

Can we do another quick test? Lets pull everything out, drawers, cigars the works this weekend, even for a few hours and see what the humidor does with no visible means to supply water.

Now that this system has run awhile, have you looked to see how it runs empty?

Lastly, you're a good sport mate, this is its own form of 'live from the humidor!!!' -LOL

-Piggy

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Haha thanks Piggy, thats high praise coming from you. I'll see about cleaning it out this weekend to get a baseline reading on an empty humidor. I am happy to report though that after a night of havin

Sounds like we have the same fan. I actually turned mine down because I created the exact reverse RH ratio in my cooler. Now, it seems to be fairly even, but still not where I'd like it.

I have one word of warning for many of you. Take the advice for what it is worth. As most of you don't use a fully controlled system, some of this advice, passed hand to hand here, is past from o

Haha thanks Piggy, thats high praise coming from you. I'll see about cleaning it out this weekend to get a baseline reading on an empty humidor. I am happy to report though that after a night of having the beads in, the RH is holding at 60 across the board at 70F. I know I know... that's not guaranteed for the long run. But either way, I'm happy and thankful to you for all the advice.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Just wanted to give everyone (that cares) an update. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm so happy to say that I have been able to get close enough to my goal to feel satisfied due to @PigFish advice.

Pretty much holding steady at 60%RH at 69F

32 minutes ago, PadronFan said:

Just wanted to give everyone (that cares) an update. It's been a couple of weeks now and I'm so happy to say that I have been able to get close enough to my goal to feel satisfied due to @PigFish advice.

Pretty much holding steady at 60%RH at 69F

... good for you my friend. Satisfaction is all that is required. And the price was right too!!! Cheer! -Piggy