Cohiba Robustos

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

when I think of great cigars I have had.....one non descript CORO from a decade back I can recall as if I was smoking it now. One of the great cigars of my life. perfect 100 point cigar. Almonds/

Agreed with the collective wisdom here...   Having one right now as I type from 2011. Butter, salt, and hints of lemon grass. Just perfect. So mellow and relaxing. Cant ask for much more. 

I own a box. Why?  Because in my opinion they are often extraordinary and I look forward to having one every few months or so.  I have several boxes of Ex 4, RASS and Regios. Why? Because I think they

2 hours ago, Jimmy_jack said:

All this talk makes me think I need to have an emergency fund invade I find a box. Other than 15ct 5x3s do Cohibas show up in 24:24 often?

There is no emergency fund large enough. What you need is an emergency fund to save you after you spend the emergency fund

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Mattb82 said:

@Bohn007true statement. I keep telling myself I'm getting three points per dollar on my credit card to make myself feel better. Works for a couple minutes 

I use the same logic, someday, when I eventually spend $25,000 (US) on cigars I willl almost have enough for a round trip to Cuba

For all you Coroheads out there, how often do you smoke them?

At 15-17$ bucks a stick, they really aren't that bad price-wise compared to really good NC's like Fuente, Opus and Padron.... until you start looking at aged prices. 

• Like 1

That's the problem for me. I did a couple aged boxes to put into rotation to give the young boxes some time. Before you know it your in for a couple aged plus 3-5 young and the credit card took a beating. Same thing for Monty 2 for me.  

I picked up 15 Pirámides Extras Tubos from our host because this thread got my mouth watering for Cohiba and I couldn't wait.  Smoking one out of the mailbox right now, and I have to say I am very, very pleased.  Construction is phenomenal.  Flavor is quintessential Cuban  

UPE DIC 12

IMG_7085.JPG

• Like 2

You are in deep poo poo when you buy a fine box of Cuban cigars and realize that they are young and in need of some time down. The normal reaction is to buy a box of cigars with some age. The aged cigars are so good that you realize that you want to savor them, smoke the box slowly because you can't just burn through such a good box of cigars. They are too good for ordinary moments.  So you buy a box of quaffers to keep yourself from smoking your good cigars too fast. And so it begins. Welcome to my world.......

• Like 4

I've just put my first few CoRos in the humidor. My dad went on holiday and bought a 3-pack back with him for me. They look good but need some time in the humidor. Also, they have the old style bands on them. Does anyone have any idea how old they might be and any advice on how long to leave them in the humidor for? Thanks in advance!

1 hour ago, spivey6690 said:

I picked up 15 Pirámides Extras Tubos from our host because this thread got my mouth watering for Cohiba and I couldn't wait.  Smoking one out of the mailbox right now, and I have to say I am very, very pleased.  Construction is phenomenal.  Flavor is quintessential Cuban  

UPE DIC 12

IMG_7085.JPG

My box just arrived today. How was it overall? Any young spots?

7 hours ago, timbo84 said:

I've just put my first few CoRos in the humidor. My dad went on holiday and bought a 3-pack back with him for me. They look good but need some time in the humidor. Also, they have the old style bands on them. Does anyone have any idea how old they might be and any advice on how long to leave them in the humidor for? Thanks in advance!

I believe the new band is just under two years old.  

I bought a couple boxes when they were 70% the price they are now. I have had a couple AMAZING CoRos, although admittedly most are just "good".

At the current price point I can get two boxes of D4's instead, which to me can be equally as good.

I say you should try a few and judge for yourself.

You are in deep poo poo when you buy a fine box of Cuban cigars and realize that they are young and in need of some time down. The normal reaction is to buy a box of cigars with some age. The aged cigars are so good that you realize that you want to savor them, smoke the box slowly because you can't just burn through such a good box of cigars. They are too good for ordinary moments.  So you buy a box of quaffers to keep yourself from smoking your good cigars too fast. And so it begins. Welcome to my world.......

Great way to put it!

Yet...frightening.. lol!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Those Piramides look soo good. I think the Prez described them as a SigVI but a bit sweeter. Yet another reason to delay my smoking of my Sig VI sample: Ignorance is bliss.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Hurltim said:

Those Piramides look soo good. I think the Prez described them as a SigVI but a bit sweeter. Yet another reason to delay my smoking of my Sig VI sample: Ignorance is bliss.

Well, I'm smoking another one already.  Phenomenal, but I really will start pacing myself after this one, I promise.

Question: these tubes are dated DIC 12, but is that correct with this band?  Or did the Pirámides have the girl face on the band before the CoRos?

5 hours ago, spivey6690 said:

Well, I'm smoking another one already.  Phenomenal, but I really will start pacing myself after this one, I promise.

Question: these tubes are dated DIC 12, but is that correct with this band?  Or did the Pirámides have the girl face on the band before the CoRos?

I just got mine yesterday. The date is correct. I had a box from '14 that I smoked a couple from but after receiving these, the newer ones are down for a long nap but going to give the '12's a little time to settle down before I break one out. 

• 1 month later...

Smoking a HP SOM MAR 2016 as we speak and i'm really impressed. Tad sweeter than expected. I have 12-15 boxes of CoRo going back to 2008 and I'm very happy with how the current crop is shaping up. Of course, they do better with age but I'm very optimistic about the 2016's for future development. 

• Like 1

Guest Robusto 107
12 hours ago, wade1979 said:

Smoking a HP SOM MAR 2016 as we speak and i'm really impressed. Tad sweeter than expected. I have 12-15 boxes of CoRo going back to 2008 and I'm very happy with how the current crop is shaping up. Of course, they do better with age but I'm very optimistic about the 2016's for future development. 

I have several box of 2015/2015, how long should I age them to the best?