Goodbye NCs

Pretty much. I'm smoking through NC as I build my stick of CC up. I tried explaining to my wife. She was asking what the difference was.

I think I got it across to her. Now I'm buying a wine cooler to convert so I have a place to store everything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

After smoking most of my 1990's stock and taking somewhat of a break from cigars, I got the bug again two years ago but started buying good NC's to stock the humidor because I didn't know where to get good CC's. With time, I realized why I bought so many CC's in the 90's and now I am giving away NC's just to make more room in what was only a couple of years ago an almost empty humidor. Mostly NC's in the top tray for guests and the "real" deal underneath aging gracefully. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 3

Personally, I am getting more finicky by the day about the NC's I smoke.  The absurd amount of spice/pepper in most NC's these days is really off putting, but if that's your thing...have at it.   I'll have to agree with Ethernut on this subject, and say that there are a lot of dog turds out there.

• Like 3

After smoking most of my 1990's stock and taking somewhat of a break from cigars, I got the bug again two years ago but started buying good NC's to stock the humidor because I didn't know where to get good CC's. With time, I realized why I bought so many CC's in the 90's and now I am giving away NC's just to make more room in what was only a couple of years ago an almost empty humidor. Mostly NC's in the top tray for guests and the "real" deal underneath aging gracefully. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Whats in that little cigar box looks like a single cigar.

Never seen that.

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Waah954 said:

Whats in that little cigar box looks like a single cigar.

Never seen that.

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Limited Edition 2016 Toro. Decent smoke for a NC. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, PadronFan said:

And so it is with fondness that I feel the need to say goodbye to my NCs.

O.M.G! ? There goes the neighborhood! 

I cant wait to see what you change your forum name to! ?? Good on ya mate! 

Ether..

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Waah954 said:

Yeah one of the only non cuban in my humidor atm.
But i really want the box lol

"Humidor ATM"......LOL. I mostly have Davidoff, Padron, My Father and Liga Privada's for NC. A few others that were given to me as gifts that I am trying to give away faster than I receive just to make more room for CC's. The wife just gave me the green light to buy another cigar cabinet for additional storage. So much for restraint. 

2 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

Nice humi @Bohn007!

Thanks buddy. The Trinidad Funadores on the top drawer, upper middle, are from the original cabinet of 50 that was first released to the public in 1998. Had those sticks for 18 years and they still smoke great. Some of my last from the '90's

• Like 1

"Humidor ATM"......LOL. I mostly have Davidoff, Padron, My Father and Liga Privada's for NC. A few others that were given to me as gifts that I am trying to give away faster than I receive just to make more room for CC's. The wife just gave me the green light to buy another cigar cabinet for additional storage. So much for restraint. 

Yeah had the exact same collection about 6months ago but there is only a couple of cigars left from each.
I have a soft spot for the davidoff even that its let me down the last few smokes and made me look bad infront of a friend that usually smokes whatever he is given. Lol

• Like 1

I pretty much started out on CCs and never really tried to get into NCs as it's an absolute minefield. Wasted money trying the waters and stuck to what I found to be consistently good - CCs.
Having said that, and reminded by the post above, two of my most memorable smokes in the last couple of years have been Davidoff - a WC Churchill and an Escurio Robusto. I've got an Opus X RER 92, a few Davidoff, and Hamlet Tabaquero (from Rob, admittedly)and that's about it.

8 hours ago, Bohn007 said:

My Father Le Bijou 1922 Limited Edition 2016 Toro. Decent smoke for a NC. 

Nice collection BTW. If you are giving away your NC's, I will take all your Padrons and that Olivia ;) 

I tried to like the MF Bijou, I really did. Twice. She is powerful little woman. She might just need a little time in the humidor. 

It's also a value thing with CC's. I love Padrons great tasting, well made and consistent. However, for $15-$17 a stick I can get a Coro.

That's a no-brainer right there.

• Like 4

20 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

Nice collection BTW. If you are giving away your NC's, I will take all your Padrons and that Olivia ;) 

I tried to like the MF Bijou, I really did. Twice. She is powerful little woman. She might just need a little time in the humidor. 

It's also a value thing with CC's. I love Padrons great tasting, well made and consistent. However, for $15-$17 a stick I can get a Coro.

If you are ever in Chicago, look me up and I would be happy to share a cigar. I would agree with the value statement though. Someone else on the Opus thread misunderstood that concept too as I talked about it. If I am going to spend $30-40 dollars a stick, I will get grab a Behike 54 and I think that the Upmann #2 and RASS are just superior smokes so why spend money to get less. As you said, it's a no-brainer. 

17 minutes ago, Bohn007 said:

If you are ever in Chicago, look me up

Born and raised in Chitown. Born on the north side and moved to the south side when I was 10. My brother and my parents live on the south side.

Small world, right?!

9 minutes ago, Hurltim said:

Born and raised in Chitown. Born on the north side and moved to the south side when I was 10. My brother and my parents live on the south side.

Small world, right?!

Sounds like you have plenty of reasons to come back then. Like I said, feel free to look me up when you are in town next for a smoke. That being said, i will not ask you if you are a Cubs or Sox fan....LOL

Nice collection BTW. If you are giving away your NC's, I will take all your Padrons and that Olivia  

Exactly! $17 would be better going towards CC in my opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk