Your best flu remedies

18 minutes ago, joeypots said:

Great post above. I've had influenza twice. Last time was 16 years ago. It is not a cold. One way to tell if it's the flu, besides going to the doctor, is influenza comes on fast. Go to bed coming down with a little something, wake up feeling like you've been hit with a bag of bricks thinking death might not be too bad. That's what my Doc told me. Sore throat, body aches, fever, and chills. The best thing 'Ive had for flu is real, old fashioned, perscription codeine cough syrup. It stops the hacking cough that keeps one up all night and lets one get some rest while you fight off the sickness. Most of the over the counter stuff is worthless. I always get a flu shot since I had that last bout. It took the better part of three weeks to run it's course.

It's shockingly fast, I finished eating dinner and within an hour I was curled up in a ball lol

I'm on the mend now, just the leftovers of aches and cloudy head, the worst thing is my skin all feels like it's got awful sunburn

Green tea with ginger and honey really got rid of the nausea, that's getting added to the recipe book

Hurray for flu!!

• 3 years later...

Had my first Flu shot in my life.  It didn't kill me.  I have been pretty lucky so far. I may have had a 1 - 2 day stretch in the past years where I got a "flu like" illness. Otherwise, I've been good.  On the plus side, my new house is heated via boiler which makes the air very dry (low RH) in the house.  And apparently that is good for minimizing the spreading of germs. 

55 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Had my first Flu shot in my life.  It didn't kill me.  I have been pretty lucky so far. I may have had a 1 - 2 day stretch in the past years where I got a "flu like" illness. Otherwise, I've been good.  On the plus side, my new house is heated via boiler which makes the air very dry (low RH) in the house.  And apparently that is good for minimizing the spreading of germs. 

Careful, either extreme has been shown to promote virus and bacteria growth.

rh_chart.jpg.2be4950ef4f196273a9f006586f6a0f4.jpg

• Like 1

Agreed with the spicy food and alcohol. That's also my go-to remedy to blast out those germs. A hot toddy is good before bed. A super hot laksa followed by a bottle of "
medicinal" scotch or rum even better.