Camp fire faux pas

Williamos

Last week I was lucky enough to be working in remote central western Arnhem Land in the glorious Northern Territory of Australia (3hrs past Cahill's crossing which was teeming with about 30 crocodiles chomping trapped barramundi). Anyway, knowing that there'd be a big camp fire every night, I came prepared with D4s, Hdm Epi #1, BRCs and on the last night a lovely Monte Petite Edmondo. A cigar after a hard day around an open fire in beautiful wilderness with great company, does it get better? On the very last night one of the crew I was with sees the Monte PE and says, "I'm more of a #2 man myself." Turns out he is a massive cigar fan, I never knew, and I was smoking in front of him for six nights straight never offering a thing! I'm a sharer so I could have wept.

Now this bloke was working for me and did a great job. I want to send him a single or a box of 3 by way of thanks. What punishment befits my crime?

(Don't suggest a 25 box, you've seen the Oz prices )

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

"What punishment befits my crime?" Really? If he said nowt all week, how were you to know? Just send him a couple/three Monte 2s as a thanks for good work and don't fret so much. Chill out, have a cigar.

• Like 1

"What punishment befits my crime?" Really? If he said nowt all week, how were you to know? Just send him a couple/three Monte 2s as a thanks for good work and don't fret so much. Chill out, have a cigar.

They're called "figures of speech", frequently used when one tries to make a story entertaining to the reader.

Good suggestion though, Monte 2 it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

It's late, I'm tired, I'm reading too much into it! Always love a campfire story though. Goodnight....

Sent from my HTC One M8s using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Hey there Williamos,

I would think maybe a 3 pack of Monte no. 2 would be  a nice gesture.

i wouldn't feel too guilty considering you're the only one who brought cigars on your work detail.  If he was such a massive cigar fan he should of brought some.

So release the guilt and send a 3 pack amigo I'm sure he will more l than appreciate it

Balboa 

• Like 1