New Cohiba band fake.

Here is another band comparison for the group. One of these is fake and the other is real.  

8b09c07c7af75f681c632a9eb58e7b7b.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left is fake. It's a damn good fake too. The best I've seen. In fact, it's such a good fake that it makes me not want to buy cohibas anymore. They just have a few subtle things that are off, otherwise its perfect.

Left is fake. It's a damn good fake too. The best I've seen. In fact, it's such a good fake that it makes me not want to buy cohibas anymore. They just have a few subtle things that are off, otherwise its perfect.  

You are correct! Left one is from a resort in Punta Cana, DR the right is from our host.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are correct! Left one is from a resort in Punta Cana, DR the right is from our host.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The only giveaway that I had was the lowest part of the neck that comes to a point should never touch the block on the left. It should only touch the block on the right. Also there should be a small gap between the block on the left and the point of the neck. If anyone didn't know this, there you go.
  • Thanks 1

It’s hard to tell from the picture, but the fingerprint is more clear on the legitimate band and the hologram is also more vibrant. If you didn’t have a real one to compare it too, it is much harder to see.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Left is the fake. Look at these. Different vitolas from different and trusted sources. Aside from the thumbprint not being clear and COHIBA doesn't appear to as embossed, biggest giveaway for me the point of Taino's neck should be on the right square, not dead center.....

YeuYJEt.jpg

and now the counterfeiters that see this will adjust!

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2016 at 7:07 AM, bundwallah said:

Just came across this yesterday.  File this under "Close. But no cigar".  :D

Cohiba-Bands-web2.jpg

Let's have some fun.  Can you guys spot the differences?

In the top band, the gold strip is slightly wider than the bottom.  I had a few that had this in the past as well and always wondered if this is a sign of a fake as well.  Aren't they suppose to be equal width?  The cigar smoked great but what do I know.  I got the siglos tubos in Cayman Islands from what seemed to be a reputable seller.