Cannabis Cigar

14 hours ago, ArizonaAndrew said:

There’s no tobacco in this cannabis “cigar”. I’m not sure what your point is.

I had to do a re-read.

I mis-read and thought the outer leaf was tobacco leaf, not cannabis leaf.

My apologies.

This is not a case of a cuban cigar leaf rolled with cannabis, rather, all cannabis. My mistake.

And this all of a sudden became very intriguing. I'm very curious how a cured marijuana leaf would taste (and hold up) as the outer wrapper leaf.

Thanks for pointing out my glaring error.

this won't work.
There has never been two groups that dislike each other as much as cigar smokers and cannabis smokers.
Cigar smokers look at cannabis smokers as stoners. Cannabis smokers look at cigar smokers as glorified cigarette smokers. There is zero overlap in the two groups.
Me, I openly smoke both. I would never, ever, add Tobacco to my cannabis (ever). That is completely taboo. Cannabis has such a strong, demanding flavour, it would only hide (or mute) any tobacco flavours and taste. Not a good mix in any way.

I happen to regularly smoke both as well. On and off the cannabis, but far more on than off in the past 14 years. Not a “heavy” smoker though - a hit or two most days when I’m “on” to take the edge off after the work day.

I disagree with two of your point. The first is that there is no crossover between cigar smokers and cannabis smokers. I know several people in both camps who will openly dabble on the other side and cast no judgement either way. I have also smoked cannabis with large groups of close friends of mine who are cigar smokers but not even occasional cannabis smokers - some of our fondest and funniest memories together.

The second is no combining cannabis or tobacco. Ever heard of a spliff? They are huge in the European and middle eastern crowds. I know several cannabis smokers who enjoy the addition of a small bit of nicotine to a cannabis high. I’m not talking about cracking open a Marlboro and sprinkling some chemical laced cigarette tobacco throughout a joint, more like some nice natural rolling tobacco blended into at a 2:1 cannabis to tobacco ratio. Besides that, there is a huge sector of blunt smokers.

There will be your purists in both camps, but I believe far more openness exists to the other group than you suggest.

Happy smoking to you

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

18 hours ago, Itsmikeyadig said:

I happen to regularly smoke both as well. On and off the cannabis, but far more on than off in the past 14 years. Not a “heavy” smoker though - a hit or two most days when I’m “on” to take the edge off after the work day.

I disagree with two of your point. The first is that there is no crossover between cigar smokers and cannabis smokers. I know several people in both camps who will openly dabble on the other side and cast no judgement either way. I have also smoked cannabis with large groups of close friends of mine who are cigar smokers but not even occasional cannabis smokers - some of our fondest and funniest memories together.

The second is no combining cannabis or tobacco. Ever heard of a spliff? They are huge in the European and middle eastern crowds. I know several cannabis smokers who enjoy the addition of a small bit of nicotine to a cannabis high. I’m not talking about cracking open a Marlboro and sprinkling some chemical laced cigarette tobacco throughout a joint, more like some nice natural rolling tobacco blended into at a 2:1 cannabis to tobacco ratio. Besides that, there is a huge sector of blunt smokers.

There will be your purists in both camps, but I believe far more openness exists to the other group than you suggest.

Happy smoking to you emoji100.pngemoji100.png

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you for the response. There will always be exceptions, and nothing is an absolute. I'm only relaying an extremely common experience through a large group of smokers on both sides. I will concur that my cigar smoking friends have little issue with smoking cannabis, aside from the odd ribbing about the smell. Wish it could be said from the other side. Not a single cigar smoker in my large group of friends who partake in the herb. I have told the story on here before about the last Dead concert I attended. Everyone smoking grass all around. An older fella sparked up a cigar and almost immediately was asked to put it out. Of course he just smiled, and politely told them to buzz off (quite literally :) ). Funny you mention spliff. In North American culture spliff is a very common term. Want to smoke a spliff? However, it is just another name for joint. Would not indicate the presence of tobacco. Over the last 25 years, the majority of folks I've smoked with (a wide range of people though NA as I toured with a couple bands in my younger life) would consider it rude if you passed a joint that contained tobacco (and didn't advise first). It is very common to smoke tobacco in standard cigarettes, which of course use various forms of filters. Taking tobacco out of a cigarette and adding it to a joint, when a joint is commonly inhaled, is quite a knock out. Tobacco, unfiltered, and inhaled, will put you on your arse. Much more than the cannabis (especially true to someone who doesn't smoke tobacco to start with).

I find your note about natural rolling tobacco interesting. That is another thing I've actually never seen in my life (in the wild so to speak). Any time I've seen tobacco added to a joint, it was taken from a cigarette. The idea of using a non chemicalized tobacco is rather intriguing.

In this day of social segregation, nice to have some intelligent conversations on the interweb. If I've learning nothing else from this thread, when all this craziness is said and done, I need to get out and do some traveling around the world...you know...just to experience different "smoking cultures".

?

• 4 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 4:23 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

Over the last 25 years, the majority of folks I've smoked with (a wide range of people though NA as I toured with a couple bands in my younger life) would consider it rude if you passed a joint that contained tobacco (and didn't advise first).

In North America it is assumed a joint doe not have tobacco and in EU it tends to be the other way around.

I wonder about the inhaling of this mixed cigar.

you don't really inhale tobacco from a cigar, but you do inhale cigarettes.

and of course you inhale cannabis.

interesting...

1 hour ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

I wonder about the inhaling of this mixed cigar.

you don't really inhale tobacco from a cigar, but you do inhale cigarettes.

and of course you inhale cannabis.

interesting...

There is no tobacco in this ‘cigar’ it’s a cannabis puro.

• Confused 1

I think that this post is evidence (anecdotal anyways) that the overlap between cannabis smokers and cigar connoisseurs may be wider than anyone has given credit! ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

As a cannabis lover, I tell you, it's too much for me. Who is eager to smoke a cigar without stopping.
I should give up this shit. I feel like a prisoner when buying weeds on the streets. I thought about trying CBD oil instead of smoking continuously. CBD oil has a prescription and is administered in small amounts. Because back pain constantly hurts me, I need to see the benefits of the oil. Have you ever tried? Or you would prefer the classic version of cannabis, a more authentic one, just smoking? Guys, any recommendations also about the CBD oil are welcome

• Like 1

I used to be an all day everyday weed and dab smoker and have smoked one of these in the past although only had a few hits of it. My concern with these is its way to much for even the most experienced of smokers to smoke all at once. Not only is that a lot of weed but the rosin extract its rolled in before the outer leaf is added can commonly reach 80% THC whereas even the most potent of California flower tops out around 30%. I'd honestly be surprised if Snoop Dogg himself could smoke a whole one of these inhaling every puff. If you have the cash though why not but it's definitely more of a gimmick. I personally always preferred deconstructing a dutchmasters cigar and rolling it with weed into a blunt over brands such as swishers that were artificially flavoured 

On 9/11/2016 at 6:25 PM, archosaur said:

Hmmmm...this gives me ideas. I smoked a few crude blunts in college but the prospect of a fine 'reconstructed' cuban cigar sounds interesting...

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

One time in high school my friends and I couldn’t get to the store for the standard DutchMaster or Philly. So I decided to hit up my fathers humidor and grabbed an authentic Cuban Cohiba (no idea which one as I knew nothing about cigars back then). We cracked it, spilled the guts and rolled a gram of weed inside. It tasted way better then the regular blunts and it burned nearly an hour. Honestly if you don’t mind wasting a good cigar it’s very good. Little did I know at the time the cigar I used to roll was actually more expensive then the weed itself. 

21 hours ago, NickV said:

One time in high school my friends and I couldn’t get to the store for the standard DutchMaster or Philly. So I decided to hit up my fathers humidor and grabbed an authentic Cuban Cohiba (no idea which one as I knew nothing about cigars back then). We cracked it, spilled the guts and rolled a gram of weed inside. It tasted way better then the regular blunts and it burned nearly an hour. Honestly if you don’t mind wasting a good cigar it’s very good. Little did I know at the time the cigar I used to roll was actually more expensive then the weed itself. 

I only ever tried this once with a CC and it just destroyed the wrapper so couldn't re roll it. Would love to try this at least once 

38 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

Taboo? In no way is it taboo to mix tobacco and weed. At least not in Colorado, California, NY or DC. Blunts are quite common actually. No one is buying all those Backwoods to smoke the tobacco inside, lol!

It is socially unacceptable, and considered quite rude, if you add tobacco to a cannabis joint without advising who you are sharing with. 

Non cigarette smokers (and really, anyone with working lungs) don't want to unknowingly inhale tobacco smoke while enjoying a cannabis joint. (well, only unknowingly until they deeply inhale that wonderful tobacco smoke, lol)

It's just a matter of courtesy. 

• Like 1

ok, that makes sense. 

as I've learned on this thread, and other places, it is quite common to add tobacco to a cannabis joint in Europe. When I was a teen and things were tough (and illegal, lol) we would add cigarette tobacco to a joint. Ugh, inhaling processed tobacco deep into your lungs....so gross. 

I was at a ice fishing event two years ago and we were all "sharing and partaking". A fellow with nice enough intentions sparked one up. Took a haul and went green. Almost hurled. I smoke cigars, I'm ok with tobacco. But not deep inhaling processed cigarette tobacco. :)

Blunt wrappers don't seem to have that same burning sensation that cigarette tobacco seems to have. 

7 minutes ago, VKUTT said:

When you said "mixing tobacco with weed"...I mean, a blunt IS mixing tobacco with weed, lol! And there's a big difference between those "blunt wraps" and using an actual tobacco leaf like with a Backwoods or a Shine wrap. Those are the closest thing you are going to get to a real cigar filled w weed without destroying an actual Cuban!

Yep. Was just a matter of misunderstanding. I was thinking mixing tobacco with pot (literally mixing). Then when you pointed out blunt wrappers, and I recalled over the years the number of joints I smoked with blunt papers (albeit most were hemp, but many were tobacco), I realized the miscommunication. 

Guess that shows how much worse processed cigarette tobacco is compared to blunt wrapper tobacco. (Would blunt wrapper tobacco be long leaf, like a cigar?)

15 minutes ago, Hammer Smokin' said:

(Would blunt wrapper tobacco be long leaf, like a cigar?)

From what I can tell they're two layers, one paper from rice or wood pulp, and the other tobacco but probably not whole leaf, like cheaper machine made cigars.

17 hours ago, VKUTT said:

Try rolling the weed in a Backwoods after removing the filler. They are an actual tobacco leaf, veins and all, unlike Phillies, Swishers and Dutch Masters wrappers, which are blech! If I smoke the occasional blunt, it is with a Backwoods. CHEERS

Backwoods are nice, I'm just not a huge fan of the added flavour although the Russian Cream ones are nice. There are dutch masters that have a leaf wrapped around the cigar that you can take off and roll back onto your blunt. Envious of you living in Colorado, Boulder is my happy place 

• 1 year later...
  • 3 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 2:23 PM, Hammer Smokin' said:

Thank you for the response. There will always be exceptions, and nothing is an absolute. I'm only relaying an extremely common experience through a large group of smokers on both sides. I will concur that my cigar smoking friends have little issue with smoking cannabis, aside from the odd ribbing about the smell. Wish it could be said from the other side. Not a single cigar smoker in my large group of friends who partake in the herb. I have told the story on here before about the last Dead concert I attended. Everyone smoking grass all around. An older fella sparked up a cigar and almost immediately was asked to put it out. Of course he just smiled, and politely told them to buzz off (quite literally :) ). Funny you mention spliff. In North American culture spliff is a very common term. Want to smoke a spliff? However, it is just another name for joint. Would not indicate the presence of tobacco. Over the last 25 years, the majority of folks I've smoked with (a wide range of people though NA as I toured with a couple bands in my younger life) would consider it rude if you passed a joint that contained tobacco (and didn't advise first). It is very common to smoke tobacco in standard cigarettes, which of course use various forms of filters. Taking tobacco out of a cigarette and adding it to a joint, when a joint is commonly inhaled, is quite a knock out. Tobacco, unfiltered, and inhaled, will put you on your arse. Much more than the cannabis (especially true to someone who doesn't smoke tobacco to start with).

I find your note about natural rolling tobacco interesting. That is another thing I've actually never seen in my life (in the wild so to speak). Any time I've seen tobacco added to a joint, it was taken from a cigarette. The idea of using a non chemicalized tobacco is rather intriguing.

In this day of social segregation, nice to have some intelligent conversations on the interweb. If I've learning nothing else from this thread, when all this craziness is said and done, I need to get out and do some traveling around the world...you know...just to experience different "smoking cultures".

?

That happened to me at a private concert on an organic farm I was invited to to see an awesome GD cover band. Everyone lighting up the big W and I sparked a monte 4. Was immediately asked to put it out because the tobacco was bad for the organic plants. I didn't want to make a scene because it wasn't my property. But I found it funny that this became an issue with the love and let love crowd. 

• Haha 2
  • Confused 1