Looking to buy my first Regional box. What would you recommend. PL Belicosos Extra, SLR Pacificos, JL Seleccion No4, or Punch Sabrosos???

Hi guys. I'm looking to splurge a bit and buy my first regional box. What would you recommend?

Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra? Saint Luis Rey Pacificos? Juan Lopez #4? or Punch Sabrosos???

How are they lately?

• Like 1

My Pacificos cab has been exceptional leading up to 2016... and then dropped partway down a cliff (still good just lost the wow factor). Hoping they will come back.

JL4s continue to deliver for me. No experience with the PL Beli's.

This thread might help also, some recent-ish discussion.

@Dimmers. Thanks man. Just went through the thread. All I've heard is good about all these lately. Still hard to make a choice. I would get all if i could haha. I'm kind've looking for one for the medium/long term (a couple a year until they hit their sweet spot). I'm just curious which of the 4 would be worth investing in the most.

On 9/12/2016 at 1:33 PM, Cmelle said:

Hi guys. I'm looking to splurge a bit and buy my first regional box. What would you recommend?

Por Larranaga Belicosos Extra? Saint Luis Rey Pacificos? Juan Lopez #4? or Punch Sabrosos???

How are they lately?

Go with the Ramon Allones Corto. Smoking one right now and it's wonderful

• Like 1

I've got cabs of both the Pacificos and the Punch.  Both are excellent but the Punch Sabroso is consistently the better of the two.  All boxes came from FOH, so I don't know how you'd fare buying blind elsewhere.

• Like 1

Recently had a Pacificos courtesy of the generosity of one of our brothers here. Sadly, IMHO they're on the backside of the curve. Your mileage may differ.  Not a bad cigar, but the edges have been sanded down more than I like.