New humidor arriving tomorrow!!!

Nice! Trust it will not be big enough if you hang around here much.....

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Sunsmoke said:

How much are they? Looks great

Cost me one of my Les Pauls....  

But just one.  :-)

Several vendors available.  The link I posted was Prestige's and they are wholesale only.  Internet searches have them anywhere from $1700-$2400 plus freight ($280 from Miami area to PHX).

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Mattygukas said:

Very nice, let us know how it does in a few weeks. I just got a new one and am happy so far...went furniture based look. ( no temp control )

88fd05c7354dadc2a752aee01fd06c61.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

THAT one's a beauty.  

Working on getting this one sorted out.  Hygrometer is calebrateable (is that a word...) and might need to do it.  But it's a bit early to judge accurately.  I'll check in on it tomorrow....

In the meantime, I'll head out for a smoke....

• Like 1

On 12/09/2016 at 8:25 PM, oliverdst said:

So how long until you buy the Remington?

1 hour ago, thebeebe5 said:

It's here.   Seems to work, although today in Phoenix it's really humid to start with.   I'll give it a few days. And probably should have gotten The Remington...

?

image.jpeg

One day?

• Like 1

Very curious on the operational side as to how well these work. They look pretty affordable, for what claims are made in the details. Compressor or TE?

I expect a detailed report... -LOL

Congrats on your new purchases mates. Happy smokin'. -Piggy

1 hour ago, PigFish said:

Very curious on the operational side as to how well these work. They look pretty affordable, for what claims are made in the details. Compressor or TE?

I expect a detailed report... -LOL

Congrats on your new purchases mates. Happy smokin'. -Piggy

Thanks Piggy.  This has a compressor.  Calibrated the hygrometer today and its dialed right in to the third party digital I've been using the last couple years which has been a peach.  Should get more of those....  Temp on the 3rd party reads 2-3 degrees higher than the humidor's display, but not a real issue AFAIC.  Can be adjusted for....  It has a heater as well to maintain the temps at set level should ambient drop below set value.  Good, because around here we don't run the heat, even when the indoors temps are as far down as 65 degrees (yeah, I know.  Not a real problem for cigars).  Also, the glass in the door has a "demist" feature: Heated glass to clear mist on demand.  The cabinet is pretty nice, but not Aristocrat level by any means, but it is very well finished.  The unit is quiet as well.  The major fault I have with it is that... wait for it...

IT'S TOO SMALL ALREADY....

Rats...

Might indeed be getting a Remington and selling this one.  If so someone will get a sweet deal....  Looks to be able to hold 40+ boxes with ease, but I'll be pushing 60-70 by year's end.  NCs will have to hang out in the non cooled older cab.  There's just not going to be room for them....

edit: In regards to the Remington... my initial plan was to buy an antique pharmacy type cabinet and add cooling.  Will still look into that as an option. Not sure how feasible it is, but if I find the right cabinet I'm a threat to try it.