Mystery Flavors and the PSD4

Smoked the ever popular PSD4 today.  Let me cut to the chase, I loved it!  Cedar, leather, spice, and a core flavor I cannot put my finger on.  The core flavor had a sweetness to it, and kept changing enough to make the cigar fairly complex!  I have no idea what to call this core flavor though...there were a couple times when it tasted remarkably like cake batter fresh from the bowl, other times it hinted towards vanilla.  Yeah, I'm likin' this one!  I suppose if you just throw the word cake in there somewhere, it should get the job done.  This was once again a single, which helps keep me out of my boxes.  I have a not so sneaky suspicion that these age really well, maybe three years down to really get them going.  What else are the PSD4oseur's enjoying out there?  And what the hell do you call that core flavor??  Cheers!

Smoked this while watching the deer and turkeys in the yard, never get tired of doing that!

DSCN0048.JPGDSCN0038.JPG

• Like 2

I call it awesome when it's there. Currently smoking '08, '14 and '15 boxes hitting on all cylinders. Trying to keep my hands off them!

Think you captured the essence, all I can add is malted milk ball.....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Williamos said:

Might sound weird but I often get freshly baked bread out of a D4. When they're on they're just lovely cigars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

No weirder than me tasting butter in a Lusi, I know several people thought I was crazy!  :wacko: We taste what we taste, just enjoy the ride!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Habana Mike said:

I call it awesome when it's there. Currently smoking '08, '14 and '15 boxes hitting on all cylinders. Trying to keep my hands off them!

Think you captured the essence, all I can add is malted milk ball.....

Malted milk ball...Nice!

• Like 1

I love love D4s. My first love. I get the breadiness and the spice, but only a touch of sweetness.  Only ones I've really thought were really sweet are from an El Laguito box I have.  

• Like 1

PSD4 are the bee's knees! :drool:  I absolutely love them.  Definitely in my top 5.  I'm currently smoking a box from '10 and from '15, and both are smoking great.  The PSD4 does benefit from age, but it's also very good young.  I like it both ways.  

Flavor-wise I get the bread (I suppose you could call it cake-like... no argument there), also Turkish coffee/espresso with milk, earthiness, mild spice, a little cedar and leather, hints of chocolate/cocoa and a wee bit of vanilla on the nose.    I could smoke the PSD4 every day and never get tired of it.

• Like 1

Yep, PSD4 was one of my first love of CCs.  The first time I had it back in 2008 I was like yep... more Partagas for me!  Still have a few from 09 and 10.  I get mild spice, wood, earth, some bread, honey sweet, and some chocolate in the mix.  The P2 is also great but less sweet and more of spice in my opinion.  Try it if you like pyramid size!!

• Like 1

Yep, PSD4 was one of my first love of CCs.  The first time I had it back in 2008 I was like yep... more Partagas for me!  Still have a few from 09 and 10.  I get mild spice, wood, earth, some bread, honey sweet, and some chocolate in the mix.  The P2 is also great but less sweet and more of spice in my opinion.  Try it if you like pyramid size!!

268d995eff304eca16c88c1951036e0f.jpg

After reading this post I decided to stroll outside and enjoy a D4 bad-boy on the last day of summer here in the Northeast. The D4 was definitely my first love as well. Cheers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1