HDM Epi 2 vs HDM EE

My two favorites from HDM.

Others can chime in about the blends being the same; heck I don't know but I prefer the EE.

Would say if you like the Epi 2 then you will most likely like the EE as well but YMMV.

• Like 1

I love the Epi 2 but have never been that impressed by the EE, and after a few average examples of the EE I just stopped bothering with them.  For whatever reason the EE just never jumped at me like the Epi 2 did, but I'd be hard pressed to give any justification as to why.

I've hard far more EP2 than EE however the EE that I've had are hands down more complex and take me on a more interesting journey then the EP2.  The EP2 is great an in my rotation but seems to be consistent all the way through.  Had a EE earlier this month and it was by far the cigar I will remember this month.  Would love to have an aged box of EE.

I enjoy both but agree the EE needs more aging time then the epi2.  IMHO when you get well aged EE that is on its game it blows the doors off the epi2s and that's coming from a guy that smokes a lot of epi2s.

16 hours ago, Mattb82 said:

Are they the same blend just different size? 

They do not taste the same to me so if I had to guess I would say they are different blends.