Temporary Storage In The Closet

Long story short while I'm waiting on a cabinet humidor to arrive and I'm out of space with an extra 10 boxes. The closet in our grade level room is sitting at 67 degrees and 57% RH. I think this is a good place for boxes for two weeks until the humi is going. I also think they can shed a little water they need rid of. Anyone see issues storing in a dark unscented closet for a couple weeks? I just threw a few bovedas in there as well. 

I'm anal retentive, but I would double bag 2gallon zip lock bags with 1-3 boxes with a 65% bozeda.

I wouldn't store them outside of a bag or in a bad without some sort of humidification.

• Like 2

Matt, put a small cooler in the closet, throw the bovedas in there and you should be good.  You already have the temp under control there, so a few weeks won't hurt.  Just my .02

I think I'd be more tempted to double freezer ziploc bag them.  Put them in the fridge for a couple days then move them to the freezer.  Once your humi is ready to go move them back to the fridge for a couple days then put them in the humi.  If you don't have the freezer space then what you suggest might be ok if you add humidity packs or beads into the bags with the boxes of cigars.

Good luck

2 minutes ago, Smoke6 said:

Matt, put a small cooler in the closet, throw the bovedas in there and you should be good.  You already have the temp under control there, so a few weeks won't hurt.  Just my .02

If you have beads that would definitely work.  I'm not too sure how long the humidity packs would last for on their own though...

The two coolers I have are full and took days to get the smell out . I'm thinking quick tupperdor. The zip locks scare me with mold locking all the moisture in. When I say a few boveda I put 12 in there. It's actually at 68 degrees and 60% now. I could make the tupperdor quickly and put it in that environment 

That closet sounds like the perfect humidor to me.  Leave a few sticks in there for a few weeks when your new humi arrives.  Smoke them and see how you like those.  You might be really surprised in a good way.

• Like 1

@stogieluver I'm thinking the same thing. Little test run. I have the tupperdor setup, found one in the basement with no smell. Washed with non scented mild dish soap, loaded 10 boxes in with some 62% boveda packs. Just opening the lid every so often to get the RH down in there as they shed some water. Currently 69 degrees and 63%. Shooting for 70 and 62, just fired a 2011 RASS up. So rich, love these with a few years on them