A box of Diplomaticos #2 or SCDLH La Fuerza

I am deciding between these two.  I spent the whole night last night trying to make up my mind but couldn't... I even dreamt about it I think.  I only had an aged Diplo #4 before and I absolutely loved it.  They both are mild to medium body cigars but from what I heard they both are really flavorful.  I am planning on put them aside for 2-3 years and wonder which one has more potential.  I read La Fuerza got some pancake flavor... PANCAKE!  I never had any SCDLH before... not even the principe...  I can only buy one box.... which one should I get!!???  Any thoughts and inputs will be greatly appreciated!! 

I was unimpressed with Diplomaticos. Incredibly mild and the only real flavor I got out of it was a blast of coffee in the first two puffs. After that it was very boring. Now... Pancake flavor is something that is certainly sought after...

Never had a La Fuerza, but I am a big fan of el principe.  Personally I've been through 2 boxes of Dip 2's and they've been mostly mediocre cigars.  Maybe I need to try one of those TOS boxes the prez raves about.

I think the pancake legend may have had some root here:

But seriously, can't go wrong with either. They're both in Robs top 4 out of Cuba right now. Find any from TOS? Get those..

• Like 3

I recently bought a box of La Fuerza and they've captivated me.  Strong floral notes, a real change of pace from most of what I've smoked lately.  I find them to be a great part of my collection.  I bought a box of PSP Diplo's recently that look excellent but I have yet to bust them out so I can't comment on their worthiness. 

• Like 1

Get a box and of Dip. 2s hand picked by Rob. The ones I've had had been truly exceptional!

• Like 2

I have both and smoke them regularly. Interestingly one of my Dip 2 boxes is TOS Dic 15, which is the same code and date as my La Fuerza.  I find both to be very good and worthy of the popular praise.  I find an earlier mid-2014 box of EML Dip 2s to be smoking extremely well also.

I had a La Fuerza over the weekend and made a note to drop them back into deep slumber.  Not that they are too young but just a feeling that they would improve their overall balance after another six months or so left undisturbed. La Fuerza is rich dessert to me; the Dip 2 is a slice of freshly baked sourdough.  I will never be without Dip 2 in steady rotation; La Fuerza needs more specialized occasions. You can't go wrong with either and they are basically the same investment.

• Like 3

La Fuerza = DESSERT...........I love both, like choosing between children.

buy your Fuerza, put them down for a while.

get some Dips, try a couple, and decide what to do with them, age or smoke.

I would get the Fuerza for sure,though.

Well, I picked up a box of Dip 2 today and doing a box split with a BOTL!  Couldn't pass it with the 24:24 Monday special.  Will be picking up a box of La Fuerza when my budget allows.... next year!?

Much appreciate all the inputs!!!  That pancake flavor....  I guess i have to wait!

• Like 1

I have a box of the Dip 2 TOS DIC 15 and I think they are the most beautiful cigars I have ever seen. Really...not joking. Just a deep rich oily hue that hypnotizes you...something special.

Actually they are both smoking well. I would go with the La Fuerza at the moment just because of my general preference. But by no means you can go wrong with the dip2s either

I just received a single of the Dip #2. Looking forward to trying it. I think I may put in for either of these if they show up on 24:24 whether or not I get to sample them 1st. The Dips are pretty hard to find and the La Fuerzas just sound too good to pass up. 

Rules are made to be broken ;)

Dip #2, Cinnamon/Nutmeg flavor! A favorite of mine for years! Out of all the boxes of Dip 2's I've smoked the box I'm into now is the absolute strongest I've had yet! Shame there's only one stick left!!

I enjoy both so would recommend (if it's an option) to treat yourself and get both!

If only one is an option I would go with La Fuerza. I prefer the fuller body and find they make their way into my rotation more regularly than the Diplomaticos.

• Like 1

On 10/3/2016 at 10:06 AM, Smoking Ninja said:

I spent the whole night last night trying to make up my mind but couldn't... I even dreamt about it I think. 

The only thing I've dream't about so far regarding cigars was being in the White House with Bill Clinton along with 2 pretty college interns and..................

• Like 1

The only thing I've dream't about so far regarding cigars was being in the White House with Bill Clinton along with 2 pretty college interns and..................

Bwahahaha!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

On 10/3/2016 at 6:05 PM, foursite12 said:

I have both and smoke them regularly. Interestingly one of my Dip 2 boxes is TOS Dic 15, which is the same code and date as my La Fuerza.  I find both to be very good and worthy of the popular praise.  I find an earlier mid-2014 box of EML Dip 2s to be smoking extremely well also.

I had a La Fuerza over the weekend and made a note to drop them back into deep slumber.  Not that they are too young but just a feeling that they would improve their overall balance after another six months or so left undisturbed. La Fuerza is rich dessert to me; the Dip 2 is a slice of freshly baked sourdough.  I will never be without Dip 2 in steady rotation; La Fuerza needs more specialized occasions. You can't go wrong with either and they are basically the same investment.

I've got a box of Dip 2 EML JUL 14 and only have a few left.  They all have been amazing except for the one I had last night; had a terrible burn (burned from the inside; outer leaf never stayed lit and my buddy had one with me that was flawless....it was really weird and dissapointing).

• Like 1