Well that went well.....LFTH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep....we managed to crash the site. 6000 attempted views in 30 minutes will do it  Sorry about that. I should have foreseen it. At one stage we had 600 people refreshing every few seconds. 

Just went to see Di and the team.  ......they were pissing themselves laughing. "Nice one Einstein" was the one of the nicer comments     

Let me guess, Ken with his newly reformed moderator status now runs the Czar IT department... -The Pig

8 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Yep....we managed to crash the site. 6000 attempted views in 30 minutes will do it :o

Sorry about that. I should have foreseen it. At one stage we had 600 people refreshing every few seconds. 

What I will do is load the cigars on one thread and put them up at 7:45 am tomorrow in one shot .

I need a drink :rolleyes:

Doesn't that promote the same amount of site traffic? And therefore resulting in the same crash? Not to mention people quoting a post that size would be an administrative nightmare.

6 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Yep....we managed to crash the site. 6000 attempted views in 30 minutes will do it :o

Sorry about that. I should have foreseen it. At one stage we had 600 people refreshing every few seconds. 

What I will do is load the cigars on one thread and put them up at 7:45 am tomorrow in one shot .

I need a drink :rolleyes:

Did you at least sell the one cab?

6 minutes ago, El Presidente said:

Or go and get a bit more bandwidth from Invision....

Just throwing this out there as a plan B, Rob - Once you post all the boxes and we could email you up to three (or five?) we would like to get then you could do a live drawing for the winner of each box. (A little more work on your end, though.)

I saw the FOH server all the way in Colorado...

Not much you can do with 600 cigar nuts refreshing like a BF Skinner mouse.

download.jpg

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, mdinius said:

Doesn't that promote the same amount of site traffic? And therefore resulting in the same crash?

Nope, it won't as nobody needs to refresh to not miss anything....

• Like 1