Well that went well.....LFTH

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yep....we managed to crash the site. 6000 attempted views in 30 minutes will do it  Sorry about that. I should have foreseen it. At one stage we had 600 people refreshing every few seconds. 

Just went to see Di and the team.  ......they were pissing themselves laughing. "Nice one Einstein" was the one of the nicer comments     

Let me guess, Ken with his newly reformed moderator status now runs the Czar IT department... -The Pig

19 minutes ago, Ethernut said:

I'm a bit do decent to say how I felt about some of the chest beating, cod size comparison and whining occurring during the denial of service attack.. :wacko:

I will say that I was a bit surprised ? Manners much?

Yes, I was about to call the WHAAAAmbulance for those people...

• Like 3

I have already stated my opinion that I was not a fan of the LFTH when it came out, but I would like to see something where as if you happen to secure 1st dibs on a box that comes up during the course of the event,  you don't get to pick anymore ...it gives other people chance to get a box and it will make a person think twice before grabbing the first box that comes up...logistically may be a pain as (if that wasn't apparent already)] but I feel IMHO that it would be nice to "spread the love" a little bit..would level the playing field somewhat with certain individuas with extra fast internet connections IMHO.....regardless, y'all have fun.. I'll be sleeping! Good luck second time around with the event Rob!

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, bone said:

I have already stated my opinion that I was not a fan of the LFTH when it came out, but I would like to see something where as if you happen to secure 1st dibs on a box that comes up during the course of the event,  you don't get to pick anymore ...it gives other people chance to get a box and it will make a person think twice before grabbing the first box that comes up...logistically may be a pain as (if that wasn't apparent already)] but I feel IMHO that it would be nice to "spread the love" a little bit..would level the playing field somewhat with certain individuas with extra fast internet connections IMHO.....regardless, y'all have fun.. I'll be sleeping! Good luck second time around with the event Rob!

You are going to be asleep at 2:45 PM tomorrow?

Eh? Wha'pen? Woke up looking forward to the post LFTH aftermath analysis, the tears, the joys,the recriminations, the whole gamut of human and animal emotion and...
you broke it.
Round 2 tmrw then. Play nice this time, or Rob and Di won't let you play with the others next time.

Alot of whining here for a sale...no offence but you don't go into a shop a tell a owner how to set up his shop and carry out there sale.

Why do some of you think you can tell prez how to run his sales.

Nice try fella...you live to learn..look forward to seeing what up for grabs tomorrow.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 2

1 hour ago, shamz84 said:

Alot of whining here for a sale...no offence but you don't go into a shop a tell a owner how to set up his shop and carry out there sale.

Nice try fella...you live to learn..look forward to seeing what up for grabs tomorrow.

Whining?

More like joking around imo. 

3 hours ago, shamz84 said:

Just wanted to check what kind of boxes were put to sale and for some reason, I don't feel surprised that things turned out this way :) I mean, we all know Rob is no technical genius :P 

As someone who took couple of years break from the forum, I was actually sad to see that LFTH/LFTW was gone. The allure of such a sales method was to be able to see exactly which box you are getting (It even helped the members who are/can not buy from Rob to see the quality of certain box codes). As far as I can see, the current 24:24/24:72 sales do not provide buyers with the same choice. Even though you are getting a good box either way from Rob, you no longer have the liberty to choose what you really want. Fx: a PE box for daily smokes, a PSP box for aging etc. 

Customer is always right but obviously this forum is simply not that kind of place. The way I see it, Rob & the team are doing their best to keep up with the growing demand while trying the keep the product quality up. On the other hand, I'd love to see a method akin to LFTH/LFTW of the olden days but where you wouldn't have to rush and know EXACTLY which box you are getting. An impossible dream I guess...

9 hours ago, El Presidente said:
  1. I will prep the list now and hide it.
  2. The Thread will be "Not quite LFTH". I will set it Live at 7:45 am tomorrow. 
  3. There will be somewhere between 30 to 40 listings (posts) by Lot number. 
  4. Check to see if there is something you want.
  5. Check to see if someone else has already claimed it. If not.... you quote the post (Say Lot 2) and post "I will take this".
  6. Check again to ensure you were the first reply. 
  7. You then e-mail Diana. not prior. 

1. Scroll through entire list, marking lots that you want with "I will take this".

2. Refresh once and scroll through entire list to see which lots you have acquired by posting first.

3. Email Diana to seal the deal.

4. Put your house up for sale to be able to pay for lots and required new storage facility

or

Gnash your teeth and tear your hair for not upgrading internet access from dial-up

11 hours ago, El Presidente said:
  1. I will prep the list now and hide it.
  2. The Thread will be "Not quite LFTH". I will set it Live at 7:45 am tomorrow. 
  3. There will be somewhere between 30 to 40 listings (posts) by Lot number. 
  4. Check to see if there is something you want.
  5. Check to see if someone else has already claimed it. If not.... you quote the post (Say Lot 2) and post "I will take this".
  6. Check again to ensure you were the first reply. 
  7. You then e-mail Diana. not prior. 

Rob. A suggestion or two.  What you propose will still lead to a lot of page refreshes and heavy traffic to see what's taken. Especially with all those graphics.

How about the following?

• Lock down the thread to "read only" the moment it goes live.  That way you get no superfluous posts of "ooh's and ahh's"  ;)
  • People send an email to Di with their claim.  Quote the Lot # and box name in the subject field so that it will be easier to sort through.  The receipt time stamp will determine who gets the particular lot.
  • An admin or mod updates the thread with "CLAIMED".  Don't divulge who as to protect the privacy of the buyer who may/may not want to be PM'd about doing a split. :D

The email system will be better at handling all that traffic than the web site.

Just a few thoughts. 

PS. You know my IP.  Please boost it's traffic priority on the router and firewall.  :D  (I keed, I keed)

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, bundwallah said:

Rob. A suggestion or two.  What you propose will still lead to a lot of page refreshes and heavy traffic to see what's taken. Especially with all those graphics.

How about the following?

• Lock down the thread to "read only" the moment it goes live.  That way you get no superfluous posts of "ooh's and ahh's"  ;)
  • People send an email to Di with their claim.  Quote the Lot # and box name in the subject field so that it will be easier to sort through.  The receipt time stamp will determine who gets the particular lot.
  • An admin or mod updates the thread with "CLAIMED".  Don't divulge who as to protect the privacy of the buyer who may/may not want to be PM'd about doing a split. :D

Just a few thoughts. 

PS. You know my IP.  Please boost it's traffic priority on the router and firewall.  :D  (I keed, I keed)

Why boost traffic priority? Let's just start limiting member's viewing and posting rights...  :sneaky:

• Like 1

How about the following?

• Lock down the thread to "read only" the moment it goes live.  That way you get no superfluous posts of "ooh's and ahh's" 
  • An admin or mod updates the thread with "CLAIMED".  Don't divulge who as to protect the privacy of the buyer who may/may not want to be PM'd about doing a split.

Just a few thoughts. 

PS. You know my IP.  Please boost it's traffic priority on the router and firewall.    (I keed, I keed)

It would be a nightmare to sift through all the emails, most of which would be redundant. At least posting in the thread will allow members to self censor, if you know what I mean. Will be interesting to see how this plays out.