Behike Seconds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posts that are aggressive toward another member are deleted/hidden. In most cases the poster is given some leeway. Next one along the same vein and they are gone for a holiday.  You post to the c

Recently I have been told that there is someone out there claiming he can get Behike Seconds and was asked if I had access to them. I don't know where all the Behikes are rolled but that story is full

I'm with you. The 10 year-old humble H.Upmann Petit Corona I had a few days ago would 'run rings' around most other cigars in terms of flavour experience. 

I don't know the provenance of the cigars in question, but I have tried many of the Behike "seconds" you're referring to.  They're very good cigars, but I always just assumed they were customs/extras rolled by someone he knows at one of the factories.  I've never had any draw or construction issues, and any cosmetic blemishes you'd think would have been caught in wrapper leaf sorting.  The supply of these "seconds" didn't seem to dry up when Behikes did.  

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

Recently I have been told that there is someone out there claiming he can get Behike Seconds and was asked if I had access to them. I don't know where all the Behikes are rolled but that story is full of holes. El Laguito has produced very little in the past 2 years, especially larger ring cigars. In fact a few months ago they switched most of their production to the Partagas line. If anything Cohiba is coming out of there it is Mareva or thereabouts. It would not make any sense for an established line like Cohiba to be using lower level rollers on their most premium cigars for them to be rejected. There is a shortage of larger leaf.  If there were any mistakes, the cigars would be broken down and re-rolled again. There is a factory in Marianao (Havana) that handles rejects from all of the factories. The cigars are looked over again to see if they can be salvaged, the rest is distributed amongst the population. Maybe that is where the story is coming from. I have seen the cigars from there, they are usually beat up and out of shape. Personally I feel this is one of the many stories that this character has created over the years, along with the imaginary rollers that did not exist. John

Recently I have been told that there is someone out there claiming he

or

Personally I feel this is one of the many stories that this character has created over the years, along with the imaginary rollers that did not exist. 

I am a little confused as to which of the above is accurate. 

Ahhh the Behike Seconds. 

Have smoked plenty of them in Cuba maybe sourced from the same bloke.  Never believed that they were but at 3-5 CUC a stick I couldn't really care. Good, solid cigars, never blown away.  For the same money I would be buying custom Corona/lanceros. 

There are many a fib told in Havana. From rollers claiming to roll all their own customs to a VP of HSA saying "not guilty". 

• Like 3

Accurate: he claims they are coming out of El Laguito, it is common knowledge that factory has had minimal production the past few years. As wabashcr confirmed it, he has a unlimited supply. The imaginary rollers have some magical tie to a known name in the cigar community in Cuba, but no one has ever heard of them. I only post this as several of you have asked me on my opinion of these cigars, thought this would be informative for those that inquired.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JohnnyO said:

Accurate: he claims they are coming out of El Laguito, it is common knowledge that factory has had minimal production the past few years. As wabashcr confirmed it, he has a unlimited supply. The imaginary rollers have some magical tie to a known name in the cigar community in Cuba, but no one has ever heard of them. I only post this as several of you have asked me on my opinion of these cigars, thought this would be informative for those that inquired.

Do you see him as "competition" in regards to cigar sales? Since you both sell "custom" rolls...

1 hour ago, JohnnyO said:

I think I know the bloke you are speaking of and will take it up with him when we catch up in November. 

I've smoked a couple of them

Compared to a genuine Behike the construction and vitolas have been spot on
While I'm not saying this makes the claims true, all the ones I've smoked have been very good for what was paid for them

I haven't cut one open to check if there is any short filler or floor sweepings present but considering the guys isn't charging Behike prices for them I don't see the problem

90% of buying unbanded Cuban cigars from a private source is trust and I've found the proof to always be in the smoking
As I already said, I don't care if they are Behikes that failed quality control or not but, to me at least, they made from Cuban tobacco and offer me a pleasant smoking experience well worth what was paid for them 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, JohnnyO said:

I wouldn't call it "Unlimited"
Assuming we're talking about the same guy, a friend of mine has had an order in with him for a couple of bundles for the last 6 months
No money has changed hands of yet, so I doubt there is something shady happening on that front but it would seem his supply line isn't as good now as it was 18 months ago when these sticks started appearing

• Like 1

Hey guys....so recently I bought a few of these unbanded cigars claiming they are Cohiba cigars.

I'm a member on a another forum and a member was selling them so thought let me take a punt.. as you couldn't go wrong on those prices.

When I had smoked one and had to say I was pretty convinced from the taste of the smoke he could be telling the truth about there legitimate...I'm don't know too much about the industry ie...if there are cigars that just don't make the cut...do they get discarded which these could be...I really don't know but what I can tell you they are nice smokes.

Out of curiosity are you talking about an Italian chap?
@johnnyo what Custom do you sell?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Let me tell you where this thread should have gone. 

"Does anyone know the truth about Behike seconds"

....my understanding is ...............

Nice. Easy. Informative. No reporting to posts to Mods. No Pom Poms or taking a shot at a members dress sense.

One of those "pull your head in" moments. Don't get out of shape. 

I have met the guy you are talking about Johnny but I don't know him. I was thinking about someone else (cheers to the member who let me know). 

• Like 1

I've had nothing but good experiences with the guy in question, and do not wish to disparage him or anyone else.  I do think there's a point John hinted at that may be worthy of discussion here.  Does anyone know (or know of) Papo Robaina?  I believe the story is that he's a cousin or something of Hirochi, and has a small finca (with restaurant) in the vicinity of the Robaina farm.  I've sampled many customs purported to have come from Papo, and I've loved every one of them.  

The only information online about Papo can all be traced back to the same source in one way or another.  John has said neither he nor anyone he knows has every heard of him (if I'm misquoting, I apologize), and strongly suggests he's a fictional character.  We have a lot of members here who have spent a lot of time in Cuba, and I'd think if Papo is legit, someone here should know.  If any members can corroborate the story of Papo, that would go a long way toward satisfying my curiosity about some cigars I've really enjoyed.  And if not, I'll continue to enjoy them, because they're damn good cigars.  Just like I enjoy John's cigars without knowing for sure where they come from.

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Lotusguy said:

As with any custom rolls, unless you pick them up yourself in Cuba, caveat emptor.

Spot on. Even there you may want to watch the roller roll them themselves. Lots of bait and switch. 

• Like 1

Hey guys....so recently I bought a few of these unbanded cigars claiming they are Cohiba cigars.

I'm a member on a another forum and a member was selling them so thought let me take a punt.. as you couldn't go wrong on those prices.

When I had smoked one and had to say I was pretty convinced from the taste of the smoke he could be telling the truth about there legitimate...I'm don't know too much about the industry ie...if there are cigars that just don't make the cut...do they get discarded which these could be...I really don't know but what I can tell you they are nice smokes.

Out of curiosity are you talking about an Italian chap?
@johnnyo what Custom do you sell?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

No this is not about a Italian chap shamz.

I've smoked a couple of them

Compared to a genuine Behike the construction and vitolas have been spot on
While I'm not saying this makes the claims true, all the ones I've smoked have been very good for what was paid for them

I haven't cut one open to check if there is any short filler or floor sweepings present but considering the guys isn't charging Behike prices for them I don't see the problem

90% of buying unbanded Cuban cigars from a private source is trust and I've found the proof to always be in the smoking
As I already said, I don't care if they are Behikes that failed quality control or not but, to me at least, they made from Cuban tobacco and offer me a pleasant smoking experience well worth what was paid for them 

I usually pay extra for floor sweepings! Lol

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk