Behike Seconds

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Posts that are aggressive toward another member are deleted/hidden. In most cases the poster is given some leeway. Next one along the same vein and they are gone for a holiday.  You post to the c

Recently I have been told that there is someone out there claiming he can get Behike Seconds and was asked if I had access to them. I don't know where all the Behikes are rolled but that story is full

I'm with you. The 10 year-old humble H.Upmann Petit Corona I had a few days ago would 'run rings' around most other cigars in terms of flavour experience. 

i am not a factory seconds smoker. My standards are huge and so are my husband's. we have tons of cigars and we are fascinated!

It's gotta be right by look, feel and be a great box number. Behike is low on my list compared to a finest 7-10 year old practillaly anything. For that kind of dough the 10 cigars are usually no big deal? I am one of those collectors that takes pride when a box is great and did not cost a fortune.

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, canadianbeaver said:

i am not a factory seconds smoker. My standards are huge and so are my husband's. we have tons of cigars and we are fascinated!

It's gotta be right by look, feel and be a great box number. Behike is low on my list compared to a finest 7-10 year old practillaly anything. For that kind of dough the 10 cigars are usually no big deal? I am one of those collectors that takes pride when a box is great and did not cost a fortune.

I'm not that picky

Its funny that so much emphasis is placed on how a cigar looks when really we should only care about how it tastes

Obviously, Robs inspections are a different matter as they help to ensure that a certain cigar will be of decent quality before purchase but if you're buying cigars you know to be factory seconds because there's a blemish on the wrapper or the cap isn't 100% even, but they taste good, does it really matter?

I mean, all cigars look the same AFTER you finish smoking them

• Like 3

9 hours ago, polarbear said:

I'm not that picky

Its funny that so much emphasis is placed on how a cigar looks when really we should only care about how it tastes

Obviously, Robs inspections are a different matter as they help to ensure that a certain cigar will be of decent quality before purchase but if you're buying cigars you know to be factory seconds because there's a blemish on the wrapper or the cap isn't 100% even, but they taste good, does it really matter?

I mean, all cigars look the same AFTER you finish smoking them

Agree with this 100%.  I don't buy official factory seconds, but only because I can't think of any cigars I like that are available as seconds.

Back to the Behike "seconds," I generally can't find anything with them that would cause them to be considered seconds.  Like John said, the Behike rollers are going to be some of the better rollers, so they aren't going to generate very many poor rolls.  With the quality of tobacco they allocate for Behikes, any poor roll would probably be re-rolled.  I've never had a poorly rolled one of these seconds anyway.  And while the wrappers on these may not be up to Behike standards, you'd think any sub-par wrappers would never find their way to Behike production to begin with.  

Back to your point, if the cigars smoke and taste great, classification as seconds becomes tertiary.  I think that certainly applies with these Behike "seconds."

10 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Collectors collect and smokers smoke! If you haven't enjoyed the thrill of being amazed by a cheapie your missing out imho. 'Factory 2nds' is a tag line, they look, smell and smoke absolutely spot on. No definitive Cohiba profile for me though. I do much enjoy my J-O's too that I've had. 

• Like 3

15 hours ago, canadianbeaver said:

Impressive. Lol.

I understand Behikes are supposed to be in a league of their own, but factory seconds from Cuba isn't a marketing strategy that has me lining up to buy a box.  I have personally had my share of issues with boxes that did pass the Cuban Quality Control.

• Like 3

As with any cuatom rolls these cigars should be labelled  by vitola de gallera and not marketed as a vitola de salida. 

In this case they should be marketed as Laguito no. 4, 5 or 6.

La China, Cueto, Mons all marketed under the vitola name. That should be good enough for these too?.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, RijkdeGooier said:

these cigars should be labelled  by vitola de gallera and not marketed as a vitola de salida. 

In this case they should be marketed as Laguito no. 4, 5 or 6.

Exactly. Naming them "Behike" – when it should be "BHK", btw – is dishonest.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Smallclub said:

Exactly. Naming them "Behike" – when it should be "BHK", btw – is dishonest.

Both would be dishonest, wouldn't it? (boxes are labelled with both.) I am with RdG here, they should rather stick to the vitolas de galera only. But perhaps HSA granted them to use it....;)

N.B. but perhaps, from a plain legal standpoint, "Laguito No. 4" might be as protected as "Behike 52"?

• Like 2

3 hours ago, john007 said:

with regards to BHK seconds, why would they waste leaf they know will not pass inspection on the BHK. Every box of BHKs I've had has for the most part been flawless, thin at times but very nice wrapper. The seconds have water stains, vains ect. But the have perfect construction, and tbh smoke great! I actually love them, for the money shit they are better then a bhk. But they are most likely not from any factory in Cuba.

At the price per stick it's hard to say he is ripping people off, dishonest maybe. If you are  gullible enough to really believe the story. well then at least you are getting a good cigar at a fair price, which cannot actually be said for the real BHK. Good cigar not such a fair price.

This matches my experience. These cigars seem more like they were rolled with tobacco that wasn't pretty enough to be used in a BHK rather than bad rolls.

I have also had customs from this source blended to taste like Montecristos, H Upmanns, and Romeo y Julietas. All have been reasonably true to blend. Whoever the source is, they have access to good tobacco.

Are they tall tales told to protect sources or to build hype? I couldn't say for sure. They are good cigars, and cheaper than real cohibas. In the end, that is good enough for me.

Gone thru about two bundles now, and they have been great. At the price point they're worth trying even if we don't know where they truly come from, but then again unless you're there watching your bundle get rolled in person you will never know. I still highly recommend them tho.

b27eef697667803e218e6df58cc41a6b.jpgd73a2c4c7a49cee379aed6e4cdb7c8e8.jpg

Your post along with a few others have been hidden from public because they add no value to this forum. Play the game not the man. I could have modified the post. But I'd rather hide the entire thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your post along with a few others have been hidden from public because they add no value to this forum. Play the game not the man. I could have modified the post. But I'd rather hide the entire thing.

So, if certain posts add no value, how much value is added to this forum from the OP? It's been a fight he's engaged elsewhere and speaks to discredit the source but only offers innuendo and zero facts. Why couldn't he have just taken it up via pm with Rob rather than this thread?
  • Like 1

53 minutes ago, forgop said:

So, if certain posts add no value, how much value is added to this forum from the OP? It's been a fight he's engaged elsewhere and speaks to discredit the source but only offers innuendo and zero facts. Why couldn't he have just taken it up via pm with Rob rather than this thread?

Forgop, I've been following a rule that I created myself: Rob's Garden, Rob's rules. 

It's been working fine for me. If mods think it's not a good Idea, it's not a good Idea.

Other forums are a mess exactly because mods do not have a strong arm.

Things are more than ok around here. Let it be, bro. Many other threads to be discussed.

EDIT: mass

Let me put it another way. The topic is about seconds behike. Making posts discrediting an FoH member is not acceptable. It doesn't matter who they are. It doesn't matter who you think you are. It is a shame that posts that have valuable input to this topic were hidden. Add input that provides knowledge or experience about the product in question. Not the man.

Myself and other mods aren't going to edit every post. You lose history. Hiding a post lets us see what members have posted in the passed which is used to evaluate punishment when disciplinary action needs to be taken against a member.

I have an issue with numerical system to classify these cigars! So, I have to ask... If Behike (firsts) taste like Jose Piedra (seconds) then Behike (seconds) must be Jose Piedra (thirds).

Maybe Gooey can help me with the math!

Oh, and Mus... as one moderator (from a different forum) to another. I suggest always using the generic Moderator login to delete/edit and never take the time to explain why you did what you did. It will save your sanity!

Cigar board moderation is like the cops showing up to a domestic violence scene, where after arresting the husband for beating his wife, the wife attacks the cops for arresting the husband!!!!

-the Pig 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, PigFish said:

I have an issue with numerical system to classify these cigars! So, I have to ask... If Behike (firsts) taste like Jose Piedra (seconds) then Behike (seconds) must be Jose Piedra (thirds).

Maybe Gooey can help me with the math!

Oh, and Mus... as one moderator (from a different forum) to another. I suggest always using the generic Moderator login to delete/edit and never take the time to explain why you did what you did. It will save your sanity!

Cigar board moderation is like the cops showing up to a domestic violence scene, where after arresting the husband for beating his wife, the wife attacks the cops for arresting the husband!!!!

-the Pig 

Pfft you have it easy! I helped run a forum a few years ago and a group of members literally formed an armed militia; met in person with weapons and tried to overthrow the owner because they didn't agree with how the website was being ran!

It took a long time to figure out the game plan with that one ?