RA Review Competition - RASS circa 2010

I got half a box of these RASS some 5-6 years ago as a gift from a friend (he was thanking me for having introduced him to RA as he was only smoking Cohibas until then).

I have loved the RASS for many years and always enjoy smoking one. I love that profile and find it to be very consistent.

1st third:

very good construction, although it could be a little more packed... Draws a little too easily for my taste. Notes of leather to start, then some cocoa and a touch of earth...

2nd third:

definitely smoking this one faster than normal... Getting some spices (like Montreal steak for those familiar with it), a hint of of sweetness (stewed black cherry), cocoa and wood. Love the complexity! Lots of smoke! Getting stronger  at each puff.

final third:

always my favourite part. Medium to full body, the stewed cherry taste is there, not as spicy, cocoa is more present towards the very end. Beautiful smell...

Again; great cigar, but it could have lasted a little longer (was done in 50-55 mins). Not complaining though... My live affair with the RASS continues...

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like 2

Thanks for your review.  I've smoked a few RASS all 2014s, every time I think there could be more to these.  I'd like to get my hands on a couple with 5+ years on them, I think it would remove any doubt I have in my already good cigars.