Best Draw on Three C&C Skinnies

jwr0201

Read a lot about these three skinnies and am looking to give one a try.  Seems that there are some very different opinions on these concerning draw and also taste.  Anyone care to compare and give a recommendation?

Rafael Gonzales Panetelas Extra    Vegueritos   37 ring
Por Larranaga Panetelas    Vegueritos   37 ring
Por Larranaga Montecarlos   Deliciosos    33 ring

The only one I know is the PLP. I got a box (SOM ABR 16) for my birthday recently and I've had a couple in the last week. Draw was fine, no issues either way and the taste was pleasantly bitter - which I like in a cigar - though pretty one dimensional. Bit of a yard 'gar, better to have whilst busy rather than concentrating on it too much.
Don't know what was paid, but I understand that they're in the c&c range as they're short filler.
You just need 2 more opinions...

• Like 1

Rafael Gonzales Panetelas Extra: Have not had the opportunity to try yet.

Por Larranaga Panetelas:  Have had 4 or 5 singles that had a hard to impossible draw.  My recent box all have had wonderful draws and the classic sweet, woody, caramel flavor.  I recommend these.

Por Larranaga Montecarlos:  Best Draw. All I've had have a perfect draw and excellent PL flavor.  I also recommend these.

• Like 1

In my opinion only the PLP and the PLMC are consistent performers, decent ROTT (I am not a huge fan of smoking young) and will only get better with time.

The RGPE used to be (again, in my experience only) a consistent performer and a great smoke (I'm a big fan of the marca) but after several purchases that resulted in dowels, I stopped pursuing them. Perhaps others can verify whats coming of the table now but I would stick to the other two.

JG3

Montecarlos are great in the morning with a cup of coffee (not buck's) and your weekend

morning newspaper.  Bought everyone I have ever smoked from our host and have never had

one issue.  Da Man knows how to pickem.

Having smoked through multiple boxes of all three in the last few years, I'd say while all enjoyable I only smoke the short fillers at the golf course. The only long filler (montecarlos) are a much better cigar and don't cost much extra. You might get the odd plug in any of them but at such a low price point it doesn't bother me. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

I've smoked quite a bit of all three, and while I haven't had too many draw issues in any, the PLMC is in a different league than the other two. I'd always spend the extra coin and get the RG Perlas over the RG Panetelas and the PLMC over the PLP. Young, I actually prefer the PLMC to the PLPC. Aged, however, the PLPC really soars.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, NSXCIGAR said:

I've smoked quite a bit of all three, and while I haven't had too many draw issues in any, the PLMC is in a different league than the other two. I'd always spend the extra coin and get the RG Perlas over the RG Panetelas and the PLMC over the PLP. Young, I actually prefer the PLMC to the PLPC. Aged, however, the PLPC really soars.

More succinct than my post but agree 100%. I do have too much Rum or Whisky  before I post. Always.

• Like 3

• 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Monte Carlos by a long shot, but I'm assuming it's because they're long filler whereas the other two are mixed filler.