Your Cigar of September 16?

Your Cigar of September 16?

Running a bit late on this one :D...let's just ask the cigar of the last month. 

From the hip. The one that you remember....favourably...the one you wish you could replicate. 

For me a quite spectacular Hoyo Epicure 2 from early 16. One of those cigars that looked the ticket but that I had no real expectation for. Picked it from the B&M singles table. 

cream-armaggedon. 

• Like 1

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

After a terrible time in August (cold and wet weather and illness), September was a great month to celebrate good health, recreation time, friends and quality cigars. The MUR Ene 2013 Cohiba Piramides

Cohiba Sig VI: UN-REAL! Burned like crap--didn't care. Cocoa, cream, hay and lemongrass. Nutty aroma that didn't quit. The best part was where you experienced the particular flavor changed as you smok

03 Hoyo des Dieux. Spectacular!

Vegas Robaina Unicos. Had this last month. My first one from the marca. Didn't know what to expect. No box code as i bought it as a single. The wrapper was gorgeous. Dark and oily. Perfect construction. Just a very very enjoyable smoke. 

2016-09-28 03.12.15.jpg

Was on the phone to my dad last night and took out a RyJ #2 tubos that was the best cigar I've had all year.

Before it was even pulled half way out of the tube I could tell it was going to be great. Oily red wrapper with no veins, one of the best looking and smelling cigars I've ever seen.

Lit it up and from the first draw until the nub it was sensational. For what is essentially a pretty cheap stick it was a fantastic surprise. 

After a terrible time in August (cold and wet weather and illness), September was a great month to celebrate good health, recreation time, friends and quality cigars. The MUR Ene 2013 Cohiba Piramides Extra was my highlight of the lot, but there were a few other outstanding contenders too. I enjoyed the combination of Cohiba grass and vanilla, and a little creaminess too. I look forward to my others (i.e. '13 CPE's) as they rest and develop/mature! 

2016-09-28 14.33.02.jpg

• Like 3

For me it was a Montecristo No. 2 from 2011. epic Monti 2 is all i can say! beautiful smoke that just hit every notes just right. evolution was fantastic. changing from that coco\cream to spicy\woody twang then to creamy\fruity and what i can best describe as vanilla birthday cake!!! what a great final third that was!

still have 5 from that box. i'm not sure if i should go ahead and smoke them in the next year or keep'em for another 5 years?! dam the dilemma. :thinking:

Fonseca #1 from ARG FEB15 for me, just a wonderfully creamy buttery cigar, and just about medium bodied which was a pleasant surprise. I've never had any Fonseca before, but this was excellent and the size is great too!

0917162004.jpg

• Like 2

Had a Mag 46 that a friend gave me, I don't know the specific date but I believe it had around 5 years down. It was just an absolutely perfect cigar, from the construction to the flavors exactly what I think a great Mag 46 should be. 

'15 RyJ PC I got from your "seconds" program. First one (smoked at end of '15) was simply awful - it featured all of the things wrong with cigars that are too young.

Smoked 2 in the last 2 weeks because these have done an about-face and are smoking decadently with clearly defined thirds (1st is creamy wood, 2nd is essentially a mini Churchillls and 3rd is deep chocolate cake, earth and fruit).

The rest of the box still needs another year or 2 to cure out the "denseness" of the profile and "stretch out" the flavors. When that happens, these might be the best PC I have.

'14 PLPC which I received from a 24/24 here a couple months ago.  I was surprised to see the '14 year code!

It was a great smoke with the caramel just starting to poke through.  I cant wait to see what these become in another year or so.

My standout last month was a Cohiba Exquisitos for one of your sponsored reviews (that I never posted the review for). I used to smoke a ton of these when I could buy them cheaper but have not had one in some time. I remember now why I was attracted to them... Simply a stunning cigar!

Or was that in August? Hell, I don't know... Why would you as me to try and remember anyway??? -LOL

-the Pig

• Like 1

3 hours ago, schubb said:

Fonseca #1 from ARG FEB15 for me, just a wonderfully creamy buttery cigar, and just about medium bodied which was a pleasant surprise. I've never had any Fonseca before, but this was excellent and the size is great too!

0917162004.jpg

I just scored a box last week on the 24 24.  I cant wait to try them. 

2011 Coro at the Singapore GP. The cigar and setting adding to the experience.

although agree with @PigFish impressed every time I have an exquisite so.

• Like 1

Mine would be a SLR Serie A that I got as a single since I had never tried that marca before. I took an afternoon off work to go fishing and just had a great day. The cigar was milder than expected but had a really great vanilla and nut taste that I've never had before. Very pleasing cigar. 

The others I had last month were pretty young and they weren't shy about it. 

• Like 2

Cohiba Sig VI: UN-REAL! Burned like crap--didn't care. Cocoa, cream, hay and lemongrass. Nutty aroma that didn't quit. The best part was where you experienced the particular flavor changed as you smoked it. Lemongrass on the retro, hay/sweet on the pallete, cocoa on the finish. Wayment...cocoa on the retro, hay and lemongrass on the finish, nuts and cocoa in the aroma.
Mind blowing. A full page in my notebook. More please!!!

If the Espy is Grace Kelly and the Coro is Marilyn Monroe then the Sig VI is Salma Hayek.
544f18d30b62005ca762da0ab8210b64.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

• Like 3