Montecristo A recent production quality?

Hello,

Does anyone have any experience (or even have) any recently dated boxes of Montecristo A's that are smoking well?

I love the Monte A and have several 25 count boxes, but most are from the late 90's - early 2000 and the quality is hit or miss. When they're not plugged they're quite incredible!

Unfortunately I believe the 25 counts are no longer being produced and I haven't purchased a 5 count in years. 

Has quality improved or remained the same?

1 hour ago, s1911 said:

Unfortunately I believe the 25 counts are no longer being produced and I haven't purchased a 5 count in years. 

Welcome to FoH! Yes, the 25 count boxes have been discontinued. I haven't seen a singles, even, for a quite a while now even though the 5-packs have not been discontinued.

Thanks, I haven't seen any in stores recently when I've been in Europe, and noticed there isn't much online from my usual vendors. It's a shame, because to me the cigar is a masterpiece when you get a good one. Unfortunately it seems mostly to be ignored, and not a very popular cigar.. I've never understood why.

Have had the A a couple times.  Both times from a 25 box from the early 2000s.  Both were a fairly enjoyable experience.  Very well rolled and blended.  It's definitely not a cigar for the uninitiated.  

I went on a search for a couple recently and found a few vendors who had recent 5 boxes, some way overpriced and one had a good price but they sold out quickly. Just received a couple from a friend recently and they were same box code UME AGO14 as the vendors had.  They look pretty perfect to me.  I will be able to tell you how they will smoke in about 2 years.  Welcome to FOH!  Sorry I couldn't help more.  

I haven't seen any for close to two years in 25's. Coffins I have seen but shipment I received last (Christmas 2015) was badly afflicted with tight rolls and damaged feet. I sent those back. 

Nothing since. I haven't chased them.