New México Regional

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Road Trip To Albuquerque !!!

Just heard from Alex Avellar new Edmundo Dantes Conde Belicoso is reaching shelves next month. 140x52

Now for some more concrete information. Last night at a cigar bar in Mexico City I happened to share a smoke with the Mexican Distributor for Habanos.  He showed me a picture and some more information

There's no way msrp will be $1,250. That'll make it the most expensive release price for a regional. $50 for an effin Belicoso is insane. Limited edition Cohibas are cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, dangolf18 said:

There's no way msrp will be $1,250. That'll make it the most expensive release price for a regional. $50 for an effin Belicoso is insane. Limited edition Cohibas are cheaper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They know how popular their RE's are on the secondary market.  They can charge ANYTHING they want and I know more than a few guys who will be buying a few boxes at the $1,250 MSRP.  They don't care.  The last two releases were so good they will buy at almost any price.  Max knows his well healed customers will smile and hand over their pesos, dollars . . . whatever!

17 minutes ago, Orion21 said:

They know how popular their RE's are on the secondary market.  They can charge ANYTHING they want and I know more than a few guys who will be buying a few boxes at the $1,250 MSRP.  They don't care.  The last two releases were so good they will buy at almost any price.  Max knows his well healed customers will smile and hand over their pesos, dollars . . . whatever!

I was just going to say. Think about this price in Peso's. Most of Max's customers must being paying in USD or Bullion. $1,250 is $23,325 pesos at the current bargain basement exchange rate of 18.66 pesos per USD.

Its a hard strategy to argue with though, people would be lined up 100 deep today if they had a chance at the Edmundo Dantes from a few years ago at this price.  

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Corylax18 said:

Its a hard strategy to argue with though, people would be lined up 100 deep today if they had a chance at the Edmundo Dantes from a few years ago at this price.  

and that is the cusp. 

He can sell them only once. 

To an extent, whatever price they put on them, this release will go based upon the reputation of previous lineage.  A super high price tag however deters a significant part of the cigar community and may put the brakes somewhat on the "flipper". 

Enough remaining demand for the release?  I would put money down that there is. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, El Presidente said:

and that is the cusp. 

He can sell them only once. 

To an extent, whatever price they put on them, this release will go based upon the reputation of previous lineage.  A super high price tag however deters a significant part of the cigar community and may put the brakes somewhat on the "flipper". 

Enough remaining demand for the release?  I would put money down that there is. 

Good point about undercutting the flippers.  The vast majority will be out at this price.  I mean, I enjoyed the Edmundo Dantes 54.  I bought half a box and thought they were good, but $50 a cigar good  . . . nope.  But I am sure there are more than a few guys, even on this forum, that would part with $150-$300 for a few of these on the secondary.  It won't be me, but my main concern will be fakes.  This size is widely produced by HSA and it would only take sliding the bands off and onto a BBF to fool most people.

• Like 1

You are forgetting one thing, Its not that IEPT (Habanos importer) wants to charge that for a box... down here we have outrageous taxes in some cases 300% so that would explain the price. and I am guessing more like 1000 usd a box than 1250. Also the mexican peso took a big hit in the last year, so that also influences in the price over here. and finally habanos hike in price. The last ED conde 54 was around 1100 a box, but at that time the exchange rate was pretty good.

If there would be a way to get them duty free, I guess the price would be a lot more reasonable, still at this time its just speculation.

I'll be hitting the LCDH in Cozumel in January. I'll see if they still have any left and for what cost. I know in the past ive seen counterfeit Cohibas being sold in that LCDH so i'll be checking to see if they trying to pass off some fake Edmundos. 

"Certainly silly, but ever time I read this topic title I think "what about the Arizona Regional"?

I am waiting for Colorado's Regional..........Duuude.......:whip:

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Coloniales said:

Prices I have seen quoted are $505 for 25 and something like $200 for the boxes of 10. Not the stratospheric loony prices above.

We shall see.

Keith.

That might be the list, but Mexico has like a 200-300% tax on cigars.  Maybe someone can post the actual tax percentage, but it should at least double the price alone before any markup, since I don't think Mexico has government mandated pricing like France, Italy etc. 

That might be the list, but Mexico has like a 200-300% tax on cigars.  Maybe someone can post the actual tax percentage, but it should at least double the price alone before any markup, since I don't think Mexico has government mandated pricing like France, Italy etc. 

It's what I (and many others on FB) paid.

Now if we actually get them will be a different story, but I've placed more risky orders in the past so what the heck...
  • Like 1